SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:26 AM

USB-UIRT - IR Blaster does not send signal to STB???

Specs

Windows XP Media Center Edition
USB-UIRT w/additional 56KHz IR Sensor
Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (25xxx) - 150MCE low profile
Hughes SD-HBH - Sat receiver
Logitech Harmony 520 remote
SageTV v6

Problem

In Sagetv setup for USB-UIRT everything appears test ok. The buttons learn the commands with no problem.
When I browse the guide and select which channel I want (with remote) SageTV changes to the right channel but the STB does not change at all.
The red led on the IR Sensor does not light up but the red led on the UIRT does which confirms it is communicated with the remote.

I download snapstream beyondtv trial and everything worked!? I do not like beyondtv and wish to purchase and use SageTV.

Can anyone please provide a solution with easy to follow steps?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocadpro View Post
Specs

Windows XP Media Center Edition
USB-UIRT w/additional 56KHz IR Sensor
Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (25xxx) - 150MCE low profile
Hughes SD-HBH - Sat receiver
Logitech Harmony 520 remote
SageTV v6

Problem

In Sagetv setup for USB-UIRT everything appears test ok. The buttons learn the commands with no problem.
When I browse the guide and select which channel I want (with remote) SageTV changes to the right channel but the STB does not change at all.
The red led on the IR Sensor does not light up but the red led on the UIRT does which confirms it is communicated with the remote.

I download snapstream beyondtv trial and everything worked!? I do not like beyondtv and wish to purchase and use SageTV.

Can anyone please provide a solution with easy to follow steps?

Can you try programming SageTV with the STB remote control? Then try using the program guide and force the channels to switch with the mouse or keyboard.

Dave
Old 04-24-2008, 03:36 PM

Thank You for replying.

I do not have a OEM Remote for the STB. If I program the harmony remote to the STB and try to use it with SageTV the guides never sync together.

What I did is programed the Harmony remote to a different model STB which has a PVR feature (Which I dont own). This way I can use all of the buttons of the remote when in learning mode.

This worked well with beyondtv. This way the remote is only programmed to the UIRT and does not send a signal to the STB. Therefore the STB is controlled by the Transmitter from the UIRT though PVR software.

The problem is that SageTV does not send information to the transmitter. Even if I use the keyboard it does not send information to the STB to change channels.

Could this be a setup issue using the wizard? When in learning mode everything programs fine. I can navigate with the remote on Sage Screens. I Cannot get the UIRT to send signal to the STB using Sage.

I'm pretty stumped. thanks again for the reply. Hopefully there is an easy solution. Please let me know if you need more information.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Try using LRNHelper.exe. I used help me verify the remote codes. You can receive codes from the remote control, then send those codes with your USB-UIRT. You may have to hold the remote very close, like 1 - 2 inches from the USB-UIRT to save the codes.

I posted the zip before, but it did not include a DLL that was needed. I included that DLL in the zip. Please let me know if the LRNHelper.exe utility does not work.

I Googled the Hughes SD-HBH - Sat receiver, and it looks like a DirecTV STB. I just signed up for DirecTV and have a D12-300 box. I also have example IR files in the zip for three different a Dish Network, Comcast cable, and DirecTV set top boxes.

Maybe someone else has the same DirecTV Hughes SD-HBH receiver on the forum. Then you could get the IR file from them.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip lrnhelper.zip (68.4 KB, 382 views)