SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Sage User

SageTV server hogging USB UIRT drivers

Hi,

First things first. I'm using SageTV 5.04, I don't want to upgrade unless it's certain that my problems will be fixed.

I've developed my own program to send commands to my STB using an USB-UIRT device. When I run the SageTV on my server machine (which has the SageTV server installed), I can successfully use my application to control the STB, effectively changing the channels being fed to the SageTV app (I'm using S-Video out from the STB to the computer).

However, as soon as use the SageTV client on my laptop and connect to the SageTV server, the USB-UIRT will no longer respond to the commands from my application.

As soon as a client connects, the SageTV server appears to be using the USB-UIRT device and therefore my application cannot access the device. I don't want it to do that. It's not set up to do that ... I've also removed the usb-uirt.ir file.

How can I prevent the SageTV server from accessing/using the USB-UIRT? It should leave it alone completely, as if it weren't connected at all.

Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure how to answer your question just yet but why aren't you using Sage's builtin ability to control your STB via the USBUIRT?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Sage User

I tried that first, but it would not work. It asked me to press 0 on the remote until asked to stop, and I was never asked to stop. It was almost as if it wasn't detecting any input from the USB-UIRT device.

But regardless of that, if I haven't configured SageTV to use USB-UIRT at all, or atleast not knowingly, then why is it "using" it?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

That was a bug in previous versions of sage where when running Sage in service mode and running the gui on the same machine that the USBUIRT won't detect the presses correctly. The way to work around that is to close sage, stop the service. Disable the service and run Sage in non service mode and configure the remote/usbuirt for the stb and when that is all done quit Sage and re-enable the service etc.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Sage User

Thanks for that, I'll test it and see if I can then use the built in USB-UIRT support

This bug has been fixed in the current version of SageTV?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagur View Post
Thanks for that, I'll test it and see if I can then use the built in USB-UIRT support

This bug has been fixed in the current version of SageTV?
AFAIK yes.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Sage User

I tried learning the codes with the service stopped and it worked well, thank you

Another question then, perhaps silly .... How do I jump directly to a specified channel? It's a bit time consuming to use the up/down arrows to go from channel 1 to 10 for example ....