SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Sage User

any 2.0 users from europe ?

I haven't been able to get my channels tuned in, and it's driving me nuts .. 50 channels and nothing but snow .. lol

if you live in denmark and have gotten xmltv and everything to work be SURE to let me know!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi astensgaard,

well, I'm not fom Denmark, but here in Germany 2.0 works fine (for me)

Does 1.4 work for you? Did you install 2.0 on top of 1.4? What kind of input source do you use? (You should try to set the input to "antenna" even if you're using a "cable" input).
Old 01-28-2004, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Also check that your countrycode is set correctly in the properties file (only edit this file when sage is fully shut down, not just sleeping).
Old 01-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Sage User

I haven't had 1.4 up and running with the channels working .. so I uninstalled 1.4 and installed the 2.0 beta from scratch.

I have changed my country code to "45"

and I have followed the xmltv tutorial posted somewhere on this forum.

but I cant get any channels at all .. so it's probably my xmltv channels file that's messed up!

will try and run through it again.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Sage User

Hej Astensgaard (Sorry to all other readers - I'm going all danish here )

Jeg har SageTV 2.0 kørende med XMLTV. Mit udgangspunkt var V1.4 og jeg installerede blot oveni - men til forskel fra dig, havde jeg kanalerne i orden allerede i 1.4.

Hvad er status på dit setup? Har du installeret XMLTV-plugin til SageTV? og sat det korrekt op i sage.properties?
Du skal være opmærksom at Sage benytter sig af DirectX til at finde frekvenserne, så hvis du f.eks angiver at TV2 kører på kanal 2, vil SageTV slå op i frekvenstabellen og finde ud af hvad det svarer til.

Hvis du har flere spørgsmål / svar - tror jeg at vi skal flytte over i et andet forum, eks. Sage Europe. (Måske skal vi bede Frey om at oprette et Sage Denmark Forum )
Old 01-29-2004, 06:17 AM
Sage User

Manuel setup of frequencies

Hello Astensgaard!

I'm from Norway and also had problems with setting up SageTV and the EPG-plugin for XMLTV back when I started using SageTV 1.4.

I had to manually setup my channel frequencies as described here:

http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopi...=asc&start=224

Lucky for me, my cable-TV company publishes the channel frquencies on their webpages.

if you don't have the frequencies available from you cable TV provider, you could try and autotune all the channels using WinTV 2000, and then write down the frequency for the various channels from within WinTV2000 (the channel frequencies of the channels you have tuned in are supposedly available from within WinTv2000).

One "confusing" point to begin with for me, was that the XMLTV EPGPlugin for SageTV seems to "have a life on its own" with regards to what numbering scheme it applies to the channels it finds in the XMLTV file it reads. I had to obey by the channel numbering suggested by the EPGPlugin, when manually setting up the channel frequencies in the Windows Registry.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Sage User

thanks for all the help, I mad a bit of progress last night when I reread the "XMLTV How to? " from this forum, and found a different xmltv.zip file .. Then I ran xmltv and tried to get it to fetch only 1 channel, to limite the possible err's and it worked...

well kindof, I did get a channel through but it was not the one from xmltv.

so I think I will have to give registry a closer look ...

anyone know if messing with the channel numbers in the registry, will affect my beyond tv 3 setup ?

thanks again. will let you all know what happens ... =)
Old 01-29-2004, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

> anyone know if messing with the channel numbers in the registry, will affect my beyond tv 3 setup ?

Yes it will editing the registry affects all applications which use DirectShow (part of DirectX) to capture/tune TV... This is basically everything except Hauppage's winTV2000 app!

See also this forum post, and my article on BTV's community pages

As you are already using BTV, you sage channel numbers should be the same -- provided you have configured the source to use the same 'tuning space' (determned by country code, cable/antenna settings etc)
Old 02-03-2004, 05:38 AM
Sage User

all is up and running now, with tv guides and all =)
only problem is that all the channels show the same stream .. lol

damn I wish frey would take a look at beyond tv's channel scanner .. would sure make things a lot easier ...