SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

A few Questions - First time user

Howdy!

I finally decided to take the leap from MCE to SageTV and I have been using it for the past 3 days.
Thanks to the excellent community over here, I have already managed to resolve most of the issues like SPDIF, waking up to record programs etc etc.

However I do have a few unresolved questions and I am hoping some of you knowledgeable members might be able to help me out.

1) Under MCE, to switch back and forth between last channels watched, I could press either the 'PREV' or the 'ENTER' button. Is there something similar under SageTV?

2) Under the Main Menu listing for SageTV, there is an option to put SageTV on standby. So while powering down, I basically navigate to this option, put SageTV on standby and then put my computer on standby. Now is it possible that I can map some remote button to automatically put SageTV on standby when I put my system to standby?

3) When I am watching LiveTV and I press the 'STOP' button, LiveTV stops, but only for a few seconds. LiveTV starts playing immediately after that. So is there any way that when I press 'STOP' during LiveTV it stays stopped and does not resume till I choose to watch LiveTV again??

Thanks

BPP!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big poppa pump View Post
1) Under MCE, to switch back and forth between last channels watched, I could press either the 'PREV' or the 'ENTER' button. Is there something similar under SageTV?
SageTV has a Previous Channel command for that.

BTW: there is a PDF manual in your SageTV install directory; the list of all the available commands are at the end of chapter 5.

Quote:
3) When I am watching LiveTV and I press the 'STOP' button, LiveTV stops, but only for a few seconds. LiveTV starts playing immediately after that. So is there any way that when I press 'STOP' during LiveTV it stays stopped and does not resume till I choose to watch LiveTV again??
It sounds like you have the menus configured to always play video either in the preview window or as the menu background. Use the Options command on almost any menu & reconfigure the Video Menu Options.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply!

Got 1 and 3 working properly now. I downloaded and installed the sagemc 16x9 package and the previous channel toggle is working fine now.

However, something else got messed up when I was messing around with the settings. I am now unable to use Skip Fwd # 2 or Skip Bkwd #2 buttons to jump ahead or jump back 1 day in the guide. Any idea on how I can correct this problem?

Thanks!