SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 AM

Minor tuner setup Bug

There is a small bug with the Tuner setup and SageTV 6.3.5

Description:
If you don't setup all tuner sources, sage gets "No Signal" when changing channels.

Repro:
1. Setup a machine that has 2+ tuner cards
2. Goto main menu
3. -> Setup Video sources
4. -> Setup/Add all tuners but one (I have 2 analog, and one digital)
5. Goto "Watch Live TV" (Channel works)
6. Change channel from analog channel to analog channel

Results:
Screen shows a blank screen with "No Signal" in center. This occurs about 50% of the time.

I believe that it might be attempting to use the tuner that was not setup.

Notes:
If you setup the other tuner it does not occur.

Environment:
SageTV: 6.3.5.159
Java: 1.6.0_2
Tuners: Hauppauge 250 && Hauppauge 1800
Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Sage User

Perhaps this explains my problem. This is my first attempt at using Sage. I recently ordered and received a HD Homerun and HD Extender this week. My system is several years old (Athlon XP1800+), and it has an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500DV video/analog tuner card.

SageTV: 6.3.5.159
HD Homerun software/firmware: 20080305

I followed the instructions on the Silicondust site to set up the HD Homerun with Sage. I can view digital channels with cable using the channel editor and VLC without any problem. Sage detects all 3 tuners (2 digital, 1 analog), but I only added and configured the HDHR as my video sources. I followed all instructions to remap the digital QAM channels. It detected my 8500 as a ATI Rage Theater card, but I did not add/configure it as a video source.

When I try to watch Live TV in Sage, I receive a blank screen with "No Signal" in the center. This occurs 100% of the time no matter which channel I choose.

Should I try configuring this tuner (AIW 8500DV) even though it does not appear to be officially supported in the Sagetv requirements? I never planned on using it to view or record TV so is there a way to make it so Sage does not see it? Any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Also, I noticed that some users have newer versions of the SageMC software. Where is this located? I followed the link sent to me when I ordered the software, and the only one available to download was 6.3.5.159. Are the newer versions not official yet?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Sage User

I should also mention that nothing happens when testing video playback in the Configuration Wizard. I've tried all 4 settings and none of them work. The bottom two settings (Basic, Medium) actually mess up the GUI. Is it possible that my video card (AIW 8500DV) is the cause of all my trouble. I have not tried connecting the HD Extender yet because I figured I should try to get Live TV to work in Sage first. Perhaps my issue is hardware also and not just software.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 PM

For me, when I do the "channel setup" it works fine. It's only when I go to the liveTV it breaks.

Have you tried adding the tuner, then disabling all the channels?

If you goto the beta release section in the forums you can downloads a beta:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17