SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:16 PM

USB TV Tuners...Need HELP

Ok this is my first time using SageTV and I need somebody’s help. About 3 day ago I went to a local store and they were blowing out Kworld PlusTV Analog Pro Stick (303U RF) USB for 20$ bucks so I picked up one. I have MCE 2005 with no tuners before but I heard it’s a blessing if you get one. So I installed it and it worked great in MCE…But I felt the need for more power. So in my pursuit for more power I ran across Sage. And in my reading I found out that you can use as many tuners as you want. So I ran out and got 3 more of the same tuners and downloaded the demo of SageTV to see If It works …When I tried Sage with one tuner it ran awesome. Later I installed the next 3 tuners…But for some reason Sage can’t see the other 3 tuners…The part that gets me is MCE sees them just fine…Or at lease two of them! And I know that Sage should be a lot more powerful that MCE. What driving me nutz is that the other TV tuner software I tried to run the video is perfect but they all want to run the Audio thru the audio input of my sound card!!! I have USB tuners the sound is coming in thru the USB!!! I really want to buy SageTV …Can Somebody help me set up my other tuners?
Thanks
Old 03-01-2008, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2010 View Post
Ok this is my first time using SageTV and I need somebody’s help. About 3 day ago I went to a local store and they were blowing out Kworld PlusTV Analog Pro Stick (303U RF) USB for 20$ bucks so I picked up one. I have MCE 2005 with no tuners before but I heard it’s a blessing if you get one. So I installed it and it worked great in MCE…But I felt the need for more power. So in my pursuit for more power I ran across Sage. And in my reading I found out that you can use as many tuners as you want. So I ran out and got 3 more of the same tuners and downloaded the demo of SageTV to see If It works …When I tried Sage with one tuner it ran awesome. Later I installed the next 3 tuners…But for some reason Sage can’t see the other 3 tuners…The part that gets me is MCE sees them just fine…Or at lease two of them! And I know that Sage should be a lot more powerful that MCE. What driving me nutz is that the other TV tuner software I tried to run the video is perfect but they all want to run the Audio thru the audio input of my sound card!!! I have USB tuners the sound is coming in thru the USB!!! I really want to buy SageTV …Can Somebody help me set up my other tuners?
Thanks
Next time you're probably better off doing a little investigation up front. I'm pretty sure those tuners aren't on the supported list for SageTV. There's not much to do to help you.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM

I believe to obtain a stable/reliable multi-tuner system you should select tuners with hardware encoding. This card appears to not have hardware encoding based on the system requirements found on Kworld's web site. 2ghz P4 using Kworld's software and 3ghz for Windows Media Center. So ... to encode 4 shows simultaneously the recommended system is something equivalent to a 12ghz P4 cpu

At least they didn't cost much.

Ray...