SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Question Favorites not recording ??

I have a problem, perhaps just in understanding... I am trying to record "Clifford" for my kids.. over the years I think I've recorded every one of them at some point, and they've probably seen every one of them.. however, I'd still like to have a dozen or so on hand all the time... What I thought I was doing was rotating them.. in that every day a 'new' one would replace one of the recorded ones to keep me at the show limit I set of 12... but what I'm seeing is that SageTV is just not recording any of them! I see them scheduled, and Sage sees them as 'future airings', but refuses to record them. I am set to record first runs AND reruns.. Is there any way to force Sage to just do this in good old FIFO fashion (First In, First Out).. so that the shows get cycled?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

If they have watched every single CLifford, then Sage won't record them again since they have already been watched.

What you would need to do is clear the watched status of all the episodes, and Sage will start recording them. You cna do a bulk clearing of the status in the Favorites settings for Clifford.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
If they have watched every single CLifford, then Sage won't record them again since they have already been watched.
Okay, will do.. thanks!

I had hoped that if I told it to record first runs and reruns that it would record them even if they had been already watched.. sure would be a nice option.. to me anyhow..

Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Also make sure you have autodelete enabled for that favorite. If you don't, it won't delete older recordings to make room for new ones.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Sage User

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I was wondering if there are any changes to this behavior and I'm just missing it in the menus.

I would prefer to have Sage simply record an episode of a show every time it occurs, up to a limit (say 10 or 15 shows). When it hits that limit, it would still record with a new show bumping the oldest recorded episode in the list.

I really dislike having to hit the "Set Watched" button all the time for several different favorites just so Sage will keep recording them.

This is for shows my kid watches; there are a lot of different ones and they are on all the time and I would like to just keep cycling fresh recordings into the folder without having to constantly monitor the "watched" status of each and every show.

Is this possible a different way or is the behavior the same in the latest Sage (I am new to this SW and looking for a shortcut).

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

It does this already -- see the PDF's manual section for the "Favorite Details" menu, p. 68 for the v6.4 manual. Set the limit for the number you want to keep, and leave the AutoDelete setting at Yes.

If you mean that you want it to record Watched shows again, then there are advanced options on that same menu to set or clear the Watched status for all shows qualifying for that Favorite.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Sage User

Ok thanks Andy!

One more quick question - can I increase the max number of kept shows from 15 to something higher like 25 but less than "as many as I can keep"?
Is there an .ini file or equivalent where that max # is set so I can increase it a bit (if possible).

Thanks
Ian
Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator

As the docs say, if you are going to set a limit, then 15 is the max.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It does this already -- see the PDF's manual section for the "Favorite Details" menu, p. 68 for the v6.4 manual. Set the limit for the number you want to keep, and leave the AutoDelete setting at Yes.

If you mean that you want it to record Watched shows again, then there are advanced options on that same menu to set or clear the Watched status for all shows qualifying for that Favorite.

- Andy
Andy,
One short coming of this approach is that it is keep at MOST... and unfortunately when I have relied on this in the past, it sometimes ends up keeping ZERO... there is no keep AT LEAST setting.

I have submitted this to the developers several times over the past couple years... alas no movement. Maybe if more people would submit (you're supposed to use the support linkfor feature requests. Feel free to plagerize if you like the idea. I've only been pushing it since version 3.

Last edited by briands; 11-06-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Sage User

Favorite not recorded!!

I chose this evening's 24:Redemption as a favorite; but it never recorded!!?? It was a first time broadcast, so what am I doing wrong?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallman956 View Post
I chose this evening's 24:Redemption as a favorite; but it never recorded!!?? It was a first time broadcast, so what am I doing wrong?
DId you ahve it set for "first runs and repeats"?

It shows up for me inthe EPG as a Repeat, so if you limited your favorite to First Runs, you'd be aced out. I just Manually recorded it since it appears to be a one time deal, and hopefully my standard "24" favorite should work for the normal season.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage User

Thanks Jack, that was it. Why did the EPG have it has a repeat as it was the first broadcast?
Jerry
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

It is not shown in the EPG as a repeat. It is a movie & movies do not use First Run status.

In the future, don't use the First Run limit for movies. I'll mention it to SageTV to see if anything should be done about First Run markers when movies are caught by Favs.

- Andy
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It is not shown in the EPG as a repeat. It is a movie & movies do not use First Run status.
Double-checked this and apparantly SageMC shows it as a repeat, but the DefaultUI does not show repeat. I wonder if SageMC is coded to show everything as a repeat if it isn't marked as a "first run". But, your main point is the same.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Update: in the future, a movie marked as "Premiere" will be treated as a First Run.

- Andy