SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sky HD

Is it possible? If so what kit/software is needed? What are you using to do it?

Thanks!
T
Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

I don't think its possible yet but maybe this thread would be one way to go in the near future...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29780
Old 02-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Sage Expert

Couple of other potential options which I'm trying to find the time to get working:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellit...ox-months.html
http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0

Combined with:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30515
or
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30442

The above would be preferable as in theory it would allow you to use multiple DVB-S/S2 cards with one Sky sub card.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
Couple of other potential options which I'm trying to find the time to get working:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellit...ox-months.html
http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0

Combined with:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30515
or
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30442

The above would be preferable as in theory it would allow you to use multiple DVB-S/S2 cards with one Sky sub card.
Looks interesting - keep us posted! I'd give this a go but I have not got round to getting sky yet. Knowing it worked with Sage would seal the deal.

Cheers
T
Old 02-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Sage Expert

DVBViewer+NDSCam now working for all sky sub channels + BBCHD and C4HD. Next stage is setting up Stephanes plugin for DVBViewer to see if all plays well in Sage.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Mark,

Am interested if you have had any progress with this?

Many Thanks!
T
Old 03-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Sage Expert

Got Stephanes plugin working a few weeks ago, then decided to take an impromptu holiday and haven't got back to setting it up permanently. On the basis of what I tried (C4HD, BBCHD etc) I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Intend to order one of the dual DVB-S/S2 blackgold cards (along with a few other upgrades) and do a full rebuild soon. Intending to write a how-to at the same time but don't hold you're breath!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cool - keep us posted. I have not got round to getting Sky yet. In fact I am waiting for someone else to do the hardwork of getting it working first

If you do manage to do a write up I volunteer to test it out for you..!

Many Thanks!
T
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'd be really interested too. I'm just starting my sky upgrade process. I've got a Technotrend 3200 S2 card and a CI which is currenty getting me the unencrypted channels. I'm just waiting for my CAM to get here so I can really start playing around with it.
I was hoping that BBC HD would just work, obviously I was wrong
Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have all this working with the DVBViewer network encoder. Sage natively didn't tune to DVB-S2 channels with my set-up. There's still a few problems though such as livetv channels take a long time to tune (upto 10 seconds), stuttering with H.264 channels (that are prefect with DVBViewer) but recordings are rock solid and never fail. I also use the digiguide xmltv importer that is for better than the radio time info.

At the moment I'm still using a CAM because I found the NDSCAM software unreliable and it didn't work with two channels at the same time anyway.

Whitey
Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage User

I've got the Technotrend S3200 card, before adding the CAM I was able to get BBC HD. I can view it on the SageTV HD extender (looks fantastic) and record without any problems.

I've since added the CI card to the setup with an Oasis CAM, with the Sky viewing card in the CAM I can now get all the Sky encrypted channels that my subscription allows. I haven't got Sky HD so can't get CH4 HD or any other HD channels yet.

The SageTV .frq entry for BBC HD is :-

CH:312 onid:2 tsid:2050 sid:6940 frq:10847000 rate:22000 mod:20 pol:2 fec_rate_in:6 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC-HD

I had to manually add BBC3 and BBC4 entries to the end of the .frq file, you should be able to add that to the end of the file (just change the CH:nnn to the next available id).

Gary
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlasoft View Post
I've got the Technotrend S3200 card, before adding the CAM I was able to get BBC HD. I can view it on the SageTV HD extender (looks fantastic) and record without any problems.

I've since added the CI card to the setup with an Oasis CAM, with the Sky viewing card in the CAM I can now get all the Sky encrypted channels that my subscription allows. I haven't got Sky HD so can't get CH4 HD or any other HD channels yet.

The SageTV .frq entry for BBC HD is :-

CH:312 onid:2 tsid:2050 sid:6940 frq:10847000 rate:22000 mod:20 pol:2 fec_rate_in:6 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC-HD

I had to manually add BBC3 and BBC4 entries to the end of the .frq file, you should be able to add that to the end of the file (just change the CH:nnn to the next available id).

Gary
You should be able to get C4HD no sub required, even a freesat card works. Sage might be a problem though since it's on DVB-S2

Whitey
Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Sage User

Finally got to have another look at this the other day but I still can't get CH4 HD.

Are there any settings I need to change in DVBViewer ?, DVB-S2 setting is enabled.

Cheers

Gary
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlasoft View Post
Finally got to have another look at this the other day but I still can't get CH4 HD.

Are there any settings I need to change in DVBViewer ?, DVB-S2 setting is enabled.

Cheers

Gary
Do you have the correct transponder settings for C4HD? I always use transedit.exe for transponder scanning which is in the DVBViewer install folder.

Whitey
Old 05-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

What decoder are people using to get it working? I think that's my problem, I'm trying to use an intervideo decoder, which I'm fairly certain isn't h.264
I'm guessing this would be a certain failure point?

EDIT*
Just downloaded the CoreAVC H.264 decoder 14 day trial, and then selected 'Default' in Audio/Video decoder and hey presto. I now have BBC HD.

Any idea why the decoder isn't actually showing up as an option though? My options were the sage decoder, my intervideo decoders, or default (Which I presumed would be the latest decoder installed).
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge

Last edited by John@TunerUK; 05-10-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I use powerDVD 7 because of the hardware acceleration with my ATI 2600 Pro. Sage does not however playback H.264 channels perfectly on my systems, I get a lot of random flashes of green and other picture freezing. With DVBViewer the picture is perfect.

Whitey
Old 05-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
Any idea why the decoder isn't actually showing up as an option though? My options were the sage decoder, my intervideo decoders, or default (Which I presumed would be the latest decoder installed).
I use CoreAVC which with the latest beta version of Sage works perfectly with BBC HD, it never did before.

It also doesnt show as an option for me when selecting codecs to use but I think thats just the way it is as those options within the Sage UI are for mpeg2.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've installed the Core AVC Pro decoder, and it seems to be working fine with V6.3.10 on BBC HD
I also seem to have lost the tearing when using VMR9, but only if I use FSE mode.
I'd preffer to use overlay, because it seems to be more versatile, allowing me to have sepperate colour settings for desktop and video. VMR9 just uses the desktop settings; but I can't get overlay to work when set to 1080p
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge