SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Media Extender HD and Slingbox?

Hey guys, since I got the extender HD, I have been trying to figure out how to get it to work with my slingbox. If it did support the MCe remote, I wouldn't have to worry about it, but how the heck do I control it when there isn't an option for Hauppage MVP?
Thanks
Mo
Old 01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well. I had 130 views, and no one has responded. Guess I will just have to use placeshifter. I started utilizing my HD extender more, and boy.. it is pretty damn good! Good product.

Mo
Old 02-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been curious about remote support on the sling for the hd100 extender. I have a HD extender but no slingbox, i dont want to buy one if it doesn't work. Reason for using the slingbox is I have all HD channels (inc. h.264) and placeshifter doesn't work well-at all. Also, I do have access to many mobile PDA/phone devices which sling works with.

Does the slingbox support the Hauppauge MVP?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

Why doesn't placeshifter work well?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I got it to work with my Slingbox. Just go to the setup for Audio/Video, and when you get to the Remote selection pick DVR (Digital Video Recorder). Then pick Other (Not on the list) on the "Select Brand from the list" section . Select Code 6. Then go into Detailed Setup in the Extender and manually program each of the codes you want by pressing the buttons on the generic remote of the Slingplayer one at a time.
I also was able use the Apple Remote codes on the SlingPlayer program them to control the extender.

Last edited by mikejaner; 03-17-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I got it to work with my Slingbox.
Sorry, but I was hoping you could clarify for me a bit. Have you got the Slingbox controlling your HD-100 or your MVP?

If the MVP, is my understanding correct that you effectively stopped using the Hauppauge remote, and needed to teach the MVP to understand the Slingbox's remote?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
Sorry, but I was hoping you could clarify for me a bit. Have you got the Slingbox controlling your HD-100 or your MVP?

If the MVP, is my understanding correct that you effectively stopped using the Hauppauge remote, and needed to teach the MVP to understand the Slingbox's remote?

Thanks!

Umm, this discussion is about the HD extender, so I am commenting on that.......

But in either situation, setting up the Slingbox would not eliminate the need to use the remote for the extender. Slingboxen do not have remotes. The Slingbox needs to know the remote codes so you can control it (the extender) over the web.....
Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply. I still have two questions if you've got time...

Quote:
go into Detailed Setup in the Extender and manually program each of the codes you want by pressing the buttons on the generic remote of the Slingplayer one at a time.
1- By "generic remote" are you referring to a software remote in the Slingbox's web ui?

2- After the HD-100's been taught to use the Slingbox's remote codes, will it still respond to it's original remote, or can the HD-100 only be used through the Slingbox from that point forward?

I appreciate the help!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I still have two questions if you've got time...

1- By "generic remote" are you referring to a software remote in the Slingbox's web ui?

2- After the HD-100's been taught to use the Slingbox's remote codes, will it still respond to it's original remote, or can the HD-100 only be used through the Slingbox from that point forward?

I appreciate the help!
Generic is at the bottom of the list when you are in the Slinbox settings screen.
Yes the original remote still works.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Now that the slingbox has support for the Sage HD-100 (which also works with the HD-200), it's a nice way to get playback of Sage on a mobile device.

I'm streaming sage thru a Slingbox classis to a Blackberry Bold. Time will tell whether or not I use it, but it's awfully cool at first look.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I had okay success playing sage vids from the webserver with my windows mobile phone a couple years ago... haven't had the need to since then. I do think this ends up being a more elegant solution than extender > slingbox route.. mostly because I don't have to buy anything extra.

As for thse that are having issues getting placeshifter to playback HD and H.264 vids, this is a function of the server's horsepower. It might be nicer in the long run to purchase a faster processor for the server, than to purchase a slingbox...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Now that the slingbox has support for the Sage HD-100 (which also works with the HD-200), it's a nice way to get playback of Sage on a mobile device.

I'm streaming sage thru a Slingbox classis to a Blackberry Bold. Time will tell whether or not I use it, but it's awfully cool at first look.
I just purchased a Slingbox Pro HD. Your post seems to indicate you found the HD-100 device in the devices the Slingbox can control. I've looked under every option and can't find it. What section/manufacturer did you find it under? Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I got it to work with my Slingbox. Just go to the setup for Audio/Video, and when you get to the Remote selection pick DVR (Digital Video Recorder). Then pick Other (Not on the list) on the "Select Brand from the list" section . Select Code 6. Then go into Detailed Setup in the Extender
Are you using OTA? I've been through that a few times now - and actually gotten a working (more or less...) remote, but when it prompts for "Television Service Provider", the only "Broadcast" choice is analog.

Not exactly a religious issue.... but it would be nice tb able to populate "Favorites".

Also, were you able to access "*" or "#"? I can't seem to get to them and, of course, one or the other is needed to supply the "-" delimiter in channel numbers..... or maybe it goes back to the Service Provider being analog....
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 07-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
...found the HD-100 device in the devices the Slingbox can control. I've looked under every option and can't find it. What section/manufacturer did you find it under?
I'm finding that there are two categories of Remote setups for SlingBox:
  • The ones set up and blessed via SlingBox
  • The ones made up by enthusiasts and unofficial support gurus
Download and read this: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=6413

SageTV is in the second category. I found one that is an attempt at the HD100 - but cannot cite the source off the top of my head. Will try to dredge it up later.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I took the time to send SageTV and MVP remotes to the folks at Sling Media. It took about a year to get them back, but when I did - they also provided me bin images. I have had these for some time. I am curious to know if they ever baked them into the current software builds or not.

B
Old 07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I took the time to send SageTV and MVP remotes to the folks at Sling Media. It took about a year to get them back, but when I did - they also provided me bin images. I have had these for some time. I am curious to know if they ever baked them into the current software builds or not.
B
I would say not. I bought my Solo just a couple of days ago.

"SageTV" comes up in the manufacturer's list, but under models it's something like "No Devices Supported".

Can you get them to me? I'd like very much to try them.

email to Confirm@FatBelly.com would do the trick.

I think I'd also need the "Custom Code" for the power on/off test.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post

B
Could you put a copy up for me to download?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
I just purchased a Slingbox Pro HD.
Just out of morbid curiosity (I made the mistake of trashing the packing my Solo came in), does the Pro have a built-in tuner?

If so, is there a more basic virtual remote control available in the mobile client when it's hooked into the tuner?

So far, I'm finding that with the remotes I have created so far, the number of buttons becomes kind of overwhelming in the tiny iTouch screen. That plus the lag factor make the combo probably unacceptable to the technophobe I have in mind that would be using it.