SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

HDHomeRun not getting mapped into Sage.

after following the direction at SD about getting channels mapped into sage I still cannot see any tv from those channels inside sagetv.

http://www.silicondust.com/wiki/hdho...s/sagetv_cable

when I use the HDHomeRun Setup and do a scan I get 50 or so channels like the following

CH66 - 2 View KUTV 2-80-1 True
CH66 - 3 View KCBUDT 3-80-2 True
CH66 - 4 View KTVX 4-80-3 True
CH66 - 5 View KSL 5-80-4 True

and I can click on the VIEW button and VLC fires up and I can see/hear TV.

when I get to this part of the install

Referring back to the HDHomeRun channel editor, for each channel:

* Find the channel by Name in SageTV.
* Click "Remap" for the channel in SageTV.
* Choose "Map to Different Physical Channel Number".
* Enter the "x" part of the "x-y-z" remap number for that channel shown in the HDHomeRun channel editor.

no matter what I put in for the channel KSL 5-80-4, 5 alone, 5-80, 5-80-4, I cannot get sagetv to tune it and show me TV.

what am I missing? its prolly a translation of the 5-80-4 that im missing but the SD instructions say to put in just X of the X-Y-Z and 5 doesnt work.

any tips or hints or someone that has this working?

THanks
Dave P
Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

What version of SageTV are you using? The X is the only part you need with the current (6.3.5) version of SageTV.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Sage Icon

Use Sage's "Scan For Channels" command. It should immediately find the channels that the HDHR utility saved. You can then change the Logical numbers, to put them anywhere you want in your combined line-up. Using Sage's scan is an older method, but like you, I could never get the pure re-map way to work. Been running an HDHR for over a year flawlessly.

P

P.S. After the scan picks up the 9 or 10 channels that the HDHR utility found, you can cancel the scan...Sage's scan won't find anything else. Should take about 5 seconds.

Last edited by Polypro; 01-04-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Running latest code 6.3.5.159
Java 1.6.0_03

ok did that. when I do I get about 50 channels added and green spots on those channels.. but I cannot "view" any of them all 0% signal. enough that HDhomerun software shows 90-95% signal

Any more ideas?

Also when sage scans them it puts them in the listing as

81-9 KUTH -[19-81-9]

and no signal

Dave P
Old 01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

I'd go into the HDHR Channel utility and activate 1 good channel (A network HD channel that can be viewed with VLC) and hit apply. I'd then try removing and re-adding the HDHR to Sage, making sure I select Digital Extended Lineup, Digital Tuner, Cable... Make sure the service is shut down and re-install the HDHR BDA drivers... I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.

P

Also, unless you actually get 50 Clear QAM HD Video channels, I'd get rid of the music, ppv, vod etc. stuff...the HDHR will find some stuff not usable in Sage.

Last edited by Polypro; 01-04-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

I would not trust the "view" feature. I would set one channel using the X number, and then finish the channel setup. Then watch a live show on that channel and see if it tunes properly. If it does then return to the channel setup and setup all the other channels. If you still cannot view it you might try setting the channel to use X-Y value. IIRC when you use the "scan for channels" you have to use the first 2 numbers.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

Here's what I get with the HDHR app and then scanning with Sage. I then just re-map the *Logical* channel to put them at the end of my guide.

P

Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok ill try that now. BTW what are those two green boxes in the upper right corner of your graphic? never seen those

let you know how your suggestions go in a few minutes

Dave P
Old 01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

do any of the HDHomeRun utilities have to be running for it to work? I think that hdhomerunmanager.exe is but just checking

Dave P
Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok... I think its working with one channel now. is there anything like an XML file that would allow us QAM users to say that 80-2 WDIVDT should always remap to channel 2-1? or something like that. my OTA HD card mapped into the local channel numbers just fine

Lemme try changing the channel guide to Antenna Local Broadcasts to see if that fixes it ???

Dave P
Old 01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

make no difference. still in the 80-2 's

Still think that the REMAP XML file would be nice maybe as QAM grows up

hmmmm

Dave P
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

The two green graphs are from neilm's CPU Infoplug-in. You can make the logical channel # anything you want. Also, if you have an OTA card using a line-up with the same station call letters in it, while both tuners can use those channels, there will be only one instance in the guide...no matter what number you give it. If that's the case, you'd have to use a neighbring cities' line-up and re-map. I'd probably remove the OTA card as a source and try to get the HDHR working, then add back in the OTA card. There's a couple ways to go.

P
Old 01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

KK Thanks

ill work on getting all the channels in and remapping them to something local

Dave P
Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Expert

I am having the same issue. I checked the Enabled box for a couple channels in the HDHomeRun setup and can view them fine in VLC, but when I map those channels in SageTV to physical channels that are either (x or x-y or x-y-z), nothing appears.

I also try a scan in SageTV and enable the channels it finds and try to view them but still doesn't work. I then also remap the logical channel to something else and still nothing.

This is very odd since I had everything working on a previous PC just fine... it's only when I did a fresh install of everything that it stopped working. Any ideas?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

For all of you that this is not working for... did you guys recently update your HDHR drivers and firmware? I updated mine and am now in the same boat you guys are in.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Sage Icon

So, what version of HDHR drivers are you using?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Sage Expert

Ok, I'm always a sucker for diagnosing issues where I have the hardware.

Downloaded the 'hdhomerun_windows_x86_20080104.exe', all 11MB of it. WOW, previous versions were 1.55MB. They seem to be including a new version of VLC, along with all the installers. Still, wow! Glad I'm not on a dialup.

Tried installing it on my 'SageTV Client' system so I could play with the GUI and setup installer... it gave an error about not finding the SageTV firewall and 'rolled back' the install. So now I have no software on my client. Created a trouble ticket. I can still install the previous version so no biggie.

Tried installing it on my SageTV Media Center system. Install completed, ran and completed the setup. SageTV tried to tune the channel but gave me no video. Hmmm. Nothing wrong with the SageTV setup or remaps... so I went back into the HDHR Setup program and forced an update of the (now two) BDA Windows Driver and BDA HDHomerun Drivers. Shutdown the system (Windows update required I shutdown/power-off the machine. Upon reboot I had video and audio from the HDHomerun via SageTV.

I updated my trouble ticket with SiliconDust to reflect the reboot results.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius View Post
So, what version of HDHR drivers are you using?
I'm using hdhomerun_windows_x86_20080104.exe with SageTV 6.3.6.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 01-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I finally got it working... I posted my process on the SD forum, here is the link.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4716

here is the excerp form the link (for those that dont want to navigate away).

I got mine working. Here is what I did.

I removed all the HDHR video sources from sage tv. I stopped all the sage services and stopped sage front end from running on my server. I hit the little Re-install bda drivers, then I hit the little re-install BDA components (isnt a driver a component of BDA? weird). I bounced the box. I then went into sage and added one HDHR tuner. I selected a EPG from a neighboring city. I then let it "scan for channels". It found 25 (of the 28 that the HDHR recieves.

All the channels it found work just fine, even though they look no different than when I manually entered the physical channels.

I then reset all the "logical" channel numbers to 200 and up (but this step is optional I think.)

Hope this works for you guys.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I finally got it working... I posted my process on the SD forum, here is the link.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4716

here is the excerp form the link (for those that dont want to navigate away).

I got mine working. Here is what I did.

I removed all the HDHR video sources from sage tv. I stopped all the sage services and stopped sage front end from running on my server. I hit the little Re-install bda drivers, then I hit the little re-install BDA components (isnt a driver a component of BDA? weird). I bounced the box. I then went into sage and added one HDHR tuner. I selected a EPG from a neighboring city. I then let it "scan for channels". It found 25 (of the 28 that the HDHR recieves.

All the channels it found work just fine, even though they look no different than when I manually entered the physical channels.

I then reset all the "logical" channel numbers to 200 and up (but this step is optional I think.)

Hope this works for you guys.
I followed the steps you mentioned but still no luck