SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Sage User

How do I display HD resolution?

Home-built box with with Sagetv 6.3.x something, whatever I downloaded a couple months ago with a Hauppauge 1600.

When I'm watching OTA HDTV, is there any way that I can determine what the resolution is? I can usually tell if the station has a 480p and 720p channels both airing, but sometimes I'm interested in knowing if I'm watching 720p or 1080i. I've looked for stvi plugins and everyplace I thought was obvious to look on this board. I'm always a fan of searching before posting *especially* as a newb on this board!

Thanks in advance for any help!

-b
Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Unless some customization shows it elsewhere, you can see the recording's format towards the bottom of the Recording Detail screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Sage User

I think I've noticed it on items I've already recorded. But I can't find a way to see it on anything that I'm currently watching. In fact, the detailed info on some are quite empty.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Oh -- it looks like the Detailed Info option for a currently recording goes to the Program Info screen instead of the Recording Details screen. For now, try checking the details frmo the schedule or recordings screens.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoman View Post
I think I've noticed it on items I've already recorded. But I can't find a way to see it on anything that I'm currently watching. In fact, the detailed info on some are quite empty.
Usually a station will always run in 720p or 1080i. AFAIK, they don't switch resolutions mid stream. I could be wrong though. So, you should be able to tell just by seeing which station it's being recorded from.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Sage User

Dang, never got my e-mail for thread updates. Weird. But I don't see it when doing to Program Info. I totally can see it AFTER its recorded however.

We have some, um, low budget type stations here that are HD too and along with the odd public channels. I've never seen one change mid-steam or ever really. But I just can't remember that like NBC is always 1080i or Fox is this or whatever.

I'm a SAN guy, not a programmer. Might be a neat plugin for someone to make. My Vizio tv when using the OTA HD tuner displays the HD resolution with the OTA program info. I just kind of liked it and got a bit spoiled by it when I was using it.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, here in OKC only our ABC and Fox affiliate are 720p. Everyone else is 1080i. I'm not sure that would be uniform across all markets though. I don't know if the networks allow the local affiliates to choose which format to use or if each network is the same across all markets. Since I only have experience with my local market I don't know.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoman View Post
But I don't see it when doing to Program Info. I totally can see it AFTER its recorded however.
Are you looking at the Program Info or the Recording Details screen? Program Info will never show it; that's why I suggested going to the recoridngs menu & going to the Recording Details page from there. But, you might as well just try the new version posted last night because...

As of v6.3.6, the Detailed Info option during playback jumps to Recording Details.

- Andy
Old 01-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Sage User

Uh, wait. Ok, I did check on the Program Info screen. That's probably as far as I'd want to go without going into recordings, then recording details though I could make a remote shortcut for that. I'd like to see it handier than that.

I thought I didn't see that in your signature until this morning. I always like to play with the new releases. The reason I'm asking about this is because I'm having choppy playback issues with HD and I think the really bad stations are the ones in 1080i. I've been through the "How I stopped VMR9 stuttering.." thread following those steps also. Don't care about the audio shift, but the stuttering with the HD is a bit annoying. So just been playing with codecs, drivers, sage versions, pretty much everything, though now I'm guessing I've just gummed up the works too much.