SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

ETA on HD Extenders 2nd shipment??

Ok now i see you guys ran out your HD Extender stock (hurray!).... but now, any word for the unlucky people like me that didnt ordered the extender yet?? Any ETA of when the store is gonna have more units to sell??

I know we've been nauty.. but hey we still deserve HD Media Extenders...
(/me still has faith that he can see his extender under the tree this christmas)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cookie
Old 12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Sage User

I was told late January.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Sage User

I've also been told late January and they aren't sure if they will have a bundle at that time. I guess I can't blame them.. They sold the first batch in a week so no incentive is needed for getting new customers. They have a hot item on their hands. Kudos to Sage for giving us MCE users a reason to jump ship.

Since I'll have some free time on my hands waiting for it, I'll see what Linksys has to offer with their Extender for Vista.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

You have gotta be kidding me!! no new extenders til late January? I only ordered one since I wanted to see how the sagetv experience was before completely leaving MCE. I will need at least 4 more before I can make the switch and I was hopeing to sell my 4 xbox 360's before christmas. that's a real bummer. I think getting such a small amount of stock of a hot item was a big mistake.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
You have gotta be kidding me!! no new extenders til late January? I only ordered one since I wanted to see how the sagetv experience was before completely leaving MCE. I will need at least 4 more before I can make the switch and I was hopeing to sell my 4 xbox 360's before christmas. that's a real bummer. I think getting such a small amount of stock of a hot item was a big mistake.

I'm a little disappointed to, since I was just about to order one! However, I would be curious to know how many there were for the first round. In just the one pole about "how many HD extenders did you buy"....there were 170 sold to the responders of that Pole and that probably isn't anywhere near all the ones sold.

I think we all expected Sage to run out of stock fairly quickly.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Sage Expert

There was a post around when somebody got 3 in the original box and based on the info on the box they calculated that the shipment had almost 500 of them.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

I can't blame Sage at all, it was probably a good business decision. I don't think a small company can afford to order thousands and thousands of the extenders and risk that they do not sell.

I do not think 500 is the right number either, that seems too small. They probably gave a bunch away to beta testers, media people, etc.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Something else to bare in mind is that there is a possibility (according to SageTV) that this second batch might be RoSH complient, Which means they'd be available for shipping outside of the US and Canada.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Sage User

Lucky one....

Wow , I knew theyd sell out. Ordered mine WED got it on Friday.
Very happy with it 12hrs running.
I think that it is right to think they probably only ordered 1k or 2k first batch not knowing if the people in the forums would buy like they said they would.
I don't think the wireless MVP sold so well, so they were cautious.
I would think they would get more in january, but to think before the holiday chaos would be a miracle.
Late january was probably a save estimate, maybe before.
I'm sure they don't have the personnel, but a Pre-order process might help.

I ordered mine before telling the wife. She came home early on Firday and saw the white sagetv box.
First word was "How much?" then, "well merry christmas". I guess i got my gift early!
Respoce from earlier topic: better to ask for forgiveness........
Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

That's a good one...my wife saw it and I told her it was something I had stored away. All these things look the same to her anyways.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I was just going to order one today. I wanted to see how the initial reviews went. Oh well..

Maybe the second batch will fix the IR issue. It seems minor enough.

-Robert
Old 12-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Look on the bright side, the 2nd gen could address some of the issues of the 1st gen.
Intel Xeon L? 32Gb
CetonTV cable card /FIOS