SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Problem with channel setup not removing channel from EPG

I recently upgraded to 6.3.2 but I got an issue where a new channel was added to a lineup and I don't subscribe to it so since some of the series shows I records are in that channel.

I went to remove the channel from channel setup to prevent SageTV recording the series shows that are in this channel but the channel is still listed in EPG and recently SageTV did record a show in it which only display "Your not subcribe or purchased this channel blah blah" and the ir blaster will cease to work since you have to actually exit first before you could change channel so all my other recorded shows are stuck on the same channel until I discovered what was going on.

I already checked and double checked to make sure there no green dot on that channel in the channel setup and yes I am using SageMC but I checked in both SageTV default and SageMC both channel setup and EPG both are the same.

How do I resolve this issue and get it out of my EPG or prevent SageTV trying to record my series shows in that one channel?

My system spec is in the signature.

Thanks
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Sage Expert

Your signature doesn't show what your using to capture your video, so my suggestion might not be that simple.

If you're using an ANALOG card(s) for capture I'd suggest you use the REMOVE SOURCE option on each tuner, shutdown and restart SageTV (or the SageTV Service, if used) and then set the lineups again.

If you're using DIGITAL or a source that utilizes REMAP then this isn't a pleasant suggestion.

Otherwise, you can always ask for hints: For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hrmmm forgot to add that in my signature then.

It a Hauppauge PVR-500 and I don't think I will like the idea of removing tuner source and re-adding it because it take forever just to get channel setup going for DirectTV when you have to disable or enable lots of channels you don't sub to.

I think it a bug in the beta that it not removing channel from the EPG when you disable in the channel setup.

I will try restarting SageTV when it done recording for the evening.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software

Last edited by TechBill; 11-25-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Expert

In SageTV 6.3.2.156 beta with SageMC STV

I can enable or disable channels using the SageMC 'Channel Setup' menu, and they will show up or disappear from the GUIDE.

But, if a FAVORITE was scheduled to use one of the disabled channels then the channel continues to show up in the GUIDE, *sometimes*.

I think this issue of 'sticky channels' has to do with the scheduler.

I have 'Family Guy' set as a favorite. It's available on SD and HD version channels. Disabling the SD channel forced the favorites to be rescheduled using the HD channel. The first time I did this the SD channel was STILL IN THE GUIDE. But the channel doesn't play in LiveTV.

Enabling the SD channel, then disabling it again, this time the Favorite switched to HD and the SD channel DIDN'T show up GUIDE.

OK, this looks like a 'timing' issue. Try this:
Disable the channel, WAIT 10 seconds, then scroll and find 'Done with Channel Setup'.

Apparently you cannot speed ENABLE or DISABLE channels in the guide. Interesting!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

I was getting ready to restart SageTV and went back to check to see if that channel still on the EPG list but finally dropped off on it own.

No idea what dropped it off the EPG but all seem good now.

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software