SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Sage Expert

Can't try an updated version?

I have a system on which I am currently running a v4 Client and would like to use this for a v6 server. I installed the v6 software but I get stopped at dialogs asking for a valid key, saying my pre-v5 key is invalid.

I would simply like to use v6 in trial mode on this system before I commit. Is this not possible?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

If you don't enter a key, doesn't it just start in trial mode? If not, you should probabyl contact support, since they would have the best answers regarding licenses/trials/etc.

And, just so you know: all you would need is a v6 upgrade license for the server if you decide to stick with v6.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If you don't enter a key, doesn't it just start in trial mode? If not, you should probabyl contact support, since they would have the best answers regarding licenses/trials/etc.
- Andy
If I don't enter a key is gives me a dialog saying:
"You currently have a pre-v5 SageTV key installed. You will need to purchase an upgrade key to use this version beyond the trial period"

If I click on OK it gives me another dialog saying:
"Your temporary key has expired. If you believe you received this message in error contact tech support.."

Clicking OK on that takes me to the familiar "Enter Key" dialog, which I submitted without Name or Key and received a dialog stating "You must enter a name and a key".

I will not allow the application to run at all so I have to select "Cancel".