SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

USA network having EPG issues

Is anyone having the same trouble I'm having with USA?

the shows are there, but the descriptions are just generic and every show's ID# ends with 0000.

This causes Sage to record every single show whose title I have set as a favorite because it doesn't have enough information to determine whether or not it's been watched.

So, the result is I now have 50 "Law & Order: Special Vicitms Unit"

Anyone know what's going on or how to fix this?

thnks!

Stacy
Old 11-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Sage Expert

The EPG data is from Zap2it. And, yes, even Zap2it's Web "TV Listings Guide" omits the show information. Clicking on the Zap2It USA Channel Logo to view the lineup also lacks descriptions for many shows but includes others.

Clicking on the Show Titles pulls up that show's play dates/times and this has lots of places where NO EPISODE TITLE displays.

So I'd say this is a Zap2it data collection problem.

[EDIT] Opus4 mentions the SageTV FAQ in which you can find all the answers to life as a couch potato, and possibly find a way to respond when you know things aren't as they should be with the EPG. (Some reading required)

Last edited by Conejo; 11-07-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added link
Old 11-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

I'm getting every single one, with the exception of the new ones on Thursdays with the generic title and 0000 as the show ID#

Is there a buffer somewhere that needs to be flushed in sage.properties?

Andy?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Administrator

See Conejo's post, above: if the Zap2it data is incomplete, then the EPG data in SageTV will be incomplete. There's a FAQ to report such EPG data to SageTV so they can file it with Zap2it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Sage User

It is not just a SageTV EPG problem. Dish Network must get their guide from the same source. I am having the same problem with my "New Only" recording schedule for USA Law and Order CI. Several days ago my vip622 started recording all episodes and the episode descriptions are generic except for the new show on Thursdays. I'm going to cancel my name based timer and re-schedule it as a manual timer until they clear up this problem.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Maybe this is a bit too "conspiracy theory" but let's see..... lots of people are using DVRs now..... and they keep track of episodes watched..... if they already watched it, it won't record..... how do we get them to watch anyway?....... hmmmm...... ahh ! yes!! let's give bad data to the DVR so it will record EVERYTHING we show.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Sage Expert

I decided to do a little research to see if your conspiracy theory held up. Since the show's producer is linked to organized crime (Screen Actors Guild) and a bid for the White House, this could go all the way to the top.

I took a look at TVGuide.com to see if they were involved. Unfortunately they have an alibi -- they list the "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" program details that are missing from Zap2it.com Guide for the same time period.