SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Vista MCE trouble after uninstalling SageTV

Hello, I am having hell with Vista MCE video capture. I have an hauppauge PVR350 and MCE was working fine before I install SageTV. Now that I uninstalled SageTV, the video capture is troublesome.

I start MCE, then go to LiveTV and the cpu usage climb anormally and the video/sound is choppy. It like if on screen I have a separation of a portion of a previous image capture that happened hours/minutes ago with the live capture happening in the same time.

Tried to uninstall video drivers, codecs and reinstall... nothing work. I also noticed that the temprec folder used for the pause mode TV is stuck to 7kb, it never grow bigger.

I really don't want to reinstall Vista when everything else work.

Please help
Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can you perform a system restore back to the point before Sage was installed?

By the way, MCE sucks, SAGE ROCKS. I (could) be the mid-Ohio top salesperson for Sage (if I worked for or were affiliated with Sage - I'm just a Sage Kool-Aid drinker!)
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Can you perform a system restore back to the point before Sage was installed?

By the way, MCE sucks, SAGE ROCKS. I (could) be the mid-Ohio top salesperson for Sage (if I worked for or were affiliated with Sage - I'm just a Sage Kool-Aid drinker!)
Well from the experience I had with the evaluation, I strongly disagree.

I wish I could do a system restore, but the restore point has been buried with the automatic restore points.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
I wish I could do a system restore, but the restore point has been buried with the automatic restore points.
So? Pick any restore point prior to the Sage install. By default Vista does a restore point once a day. But you could pick a restore point from a month ago.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
So? Pick any restore point prior to the Sage install. By default Vista does a restore point once a day. But you could pick a restore point from a month ago.

Gerry
Is there's a way to browse up to 2-3 months ? Because all it show is the current month (October) possible rollbacks. I think I installed Sage around July...

Last edited by JonZ; 10-03-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure - I'm a backup Nazi though; I do Sage directory backups every 3 days, and full system images once a month. I hate reloading operating systems.

Perhaps you're having a filter merit problem now? Do the files play choppy in media player?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage User

Playbacks looks good either in MCE and WMP. Only the recording is affected it seems.

I tried to figure if it was a decoder problem but after using different known to work decoders I'm still have the problem.

Last edited by JonZ; 10-03-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

I would most likely point the finger at decoders, although if a previously recorded video plays back fine, then there's something wrong in the encoding end.

As for the comment that MCE sucks, I'd also have to disagree there. It's definitely much more visually appealing to the standard Sage interface, and even with the SageMC STV loaded, it's still superior visually. It far from sucks, but sure could use a few add-ons (software client, ability to easily add more than 4 tuners, and on multiple lineups), among other things.

As for fixing your system, you may want to try one of the MCE sites out there for help, as you're not very likely to get the info to fix your system here (MCE is a bad word here, as you see above, and compound it with Vista before it, it's pretty ugly around here ). I'd suggest maybe The Green Button, as it's a MCE-centric site.