SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Freeview in NZ

Has anybody in NZ got this working with SageTV yet?

Clearly DVB-S cards work with the Sat based Freeview here; as this link confirms http://mcraenz.googlepages.com/

But he is using Mediaportal and the page describes a whole lot of setting up of the satellite link RF & IF etc. Looking at the Sage manual for 6.2.10 (DVB support etc) there is no reference to doing this. So how would I set up the card?

Is all the tuner config data in the sage properties file and its just a matter of editing it as there isn't a UI to do it?

Mcraenz is also using a SkyStar2 DVB-S and a TechnoTrend S1500 DVB-S but my preference is a Hauppauge HVR 4000 as it will supports HD when that starts. Will this card be OK?

Can I get a clue please so I can order the right part?

related links

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27639

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27647

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27247

Last edited by Doubletop; 10-02-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

The HVR4000 is not supported in Sage at the moment and in fact crashes Sage when you attempt to configure it.

I do have an HVR4000 configured using a network encoder plugin for DVBDream http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=41365 (need to register to view the forum) and it works beautifully.

John
Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK I've made the decision and ordered the HVR4000 despite it not working in SageTV without the work around.

Hopefully if more of us take the plunge The team and Hauppauge will get the issues sorted so it does work properly with SageTV
Old 10-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
OK I've made the decision and ordered the HVR4000 despite it not working in SageTV without the work around.

Hopefully if more of us take the plunge The team and Hauppauge will get the issues sorted so it does work properly with SageTV
I also have the HVR4000 and am waiting for Sage to fully support the features of this card. I sent a bug report and had a reply from quan and it appears as if sage are still waiting for hauppauge to send them a card before they can fully support this card. As you say, if enough people ask for this card then hopefully hauppauge and sage will pull their fingers out and get DVB-s sorted for the 4000.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

The trouble is the HVR 4000 isn't available in the US market (check the Hauppauge sites) so the SageTV guys won't be aware of it and no doubt most of their market is the US

Lets live in hope...........
Old 10-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The trouble is the HVR 4000 isn't available in the US market (check the Hauppauge sites) so the SageTV guys won't be aware of it and no doubt most of their market is the US

Lets live in hope...........
Ah, Gutted.

Didnt realise it wasnt available in the US. Quan did say they where waiting for one to be sent out to them, so I would say they are aware of it but as you say if its not available to the general US market then its not looking good.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been having trouble getting DVBDream going with the HVR4000 and resorted to disabling the DVB-T driver (we are DVB-S in NZ at the moment). I came to the flimsy conclusion that there may be something wrong on the Hauppauge side. However, I have been in touch with JREKiwi and he has the DVBDream with SageDD plugin working fine with both drivers going (see post above).
Old 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've been having trouble getting DVBDream going with the HVR4000 and resorted to disabling the DVB-T driver (we are DVB-S in NZ at the moment). I came to the flimsy conclusion that there may be something wrong on the Hauppauge side. However, I have been in touch with JREKiwi and he has the DVBDream with SageDD plugin working fine with both drivers going (see post above).
I also have had the DVBdream programme working with the HVR4000 DVB-T & DVB-S but couldnt get the SageDD plugin to work correctly.
I've decided to wait awhile and see if Sage can come up with a solution as I'd rather have the card working nativily than having to run another application to get a few more channels and slow my old system down. If nothing comes within the next few months then I 'll sell the card and get a supported DVB-S card.
Its a shame as the DVB-T channel change is a lot quicker on the HVR4000 than my other cards.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

As JREKiwi pointed me to http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.p...r=asc&start=60 Note the recent post about skipping the preview. Don't be too quick to sell the card..............'nuf said?'

Last edited by Doubletop; 10-21-2007 at 02:41 PM.