SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Sage User

SageTV compared to Cablevision DVR...

I setup a Cablevision DVR for my father-in-law this past weekend and while it was as easy as plugging it in...the thing really sucks. The interface is so bad it's laughable. Recording shows is not as easy as it should be and the recorded shows are not as easy to watch as they should be. Couple this with the slow performance of the box (everything is delayed, pause, play, stop...) I'm glad I never went this route because it would have driven me insane.

To me it's clear that they really don't want people to record TV shows or they would have made this thing easier to use.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiontim View Post
I setup a Cablevision DVR for my father-in-law this past weekend and while it was as easy as plugging it in...the thing really sucks. The interface is so bad it's laughable. Recording shows is not as easy as it should be and the recorded shows are not as easy to watch as they should be. Couple this with the slow performance of the box (everything is delayed, pause, play, stop...) I'm glad I never went this route because it would have driven me insane.

To me it's clear that they really don't want people to record TV shows or they would have made this thing easier to use.
Agreed. I went this way when I moved into my new home this past July only because I had nothing else switching from DTV. Now I am saving myself $60+/month in DVR/STB fees with Sage.