SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Sage User

Small video output (letterbox)

I'm using Sage 6.2 with a Hauppauge PVR-350 capture card and am using an nVidia GeForce 7200 graphics card to output the windows desktop (including Sage in full-screen mode) to my TV.

I have calibrated the graphics card so that the desktop fills the screen of my TV and I have adjusted Sage's overscan settings to match. However, whilst the output from the Sage on-screen display looks correctly sized relative to my TV, the video output itself is shown in a letterbox in the middle of the screen, with large black borders around it.

Are there any settings where I can configure the size of the TV signal output?

Thanks,

Ian.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Administrator

You've completely disabled the 350's TV output that you were previously using? If so, maybe check Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Aspect Ratio Settings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Sage User

try disabling fse

i had the little picture thing happening to me, unfortunately i had been messing around with two things, nvidia Purevideo, and getting the htpc to come out of hiberation.

my cure was to disable fse (full screen exclusive), and remove the nvidia pure video. FYI other users report tearing when disabling fse. the pure video didn't seem to lower processor usage much over the intervideo option with the registry hack (i think this is all the acceleration my card can do), my card is an agp 6800gs

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/11036/...Comparison.pdf
Old 09-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Sage User

I've played around with the apect ratio settings and have succeeded in making the picture fill the screen but the quality is not particularly good.

This may be my video card, however.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davies View Post
the quality is not particularly good.
I don't know how you are connecting your TV, but sadly, PC video card's TV output will never be as good as hardware decoder's output (eg from an MVP or the PVR-350), especially over composite video or S-Video connectors. The video gets deinterlaced, resized to the desktop, then resized again and re-interlaced for TV-out, all of which introduces blur, and the source video scanlines will never be matched to the TV display's scanlines.