SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Channel Remapping

Maybe I just dont get this...

I added a second lineup for QAM from a nearby town. I want to map the QAM channels to the numbers I have on my digital lineup.

So via my STB 231 is an HD channel (WCBSDT)

So I grab 231 on this other lineup, and try to remap to WCBSDT and the options I get to remap to are all from my original lineup - not the new one?

This makes no sense to me. What am I missing here?

All I want is to have all my digital channels on my analog tuner via STB and then some HD channels via QAM. Can they not have the same channel numbers?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Sage User

When i did this, I had to do it the other way around.

On the nearby lineup you find the network (say fox) and then you map that network to different physical channel choosing your local channel number. To do this go to channel setup, click remap next to the network you want to watch, choose map to a different physical channel number and type in your set top boxes channel number for that channel. You will now see the chanell maping in brackets in the channel setup.

So if fox were channel 9 in the nearby lineup I would remap their channel 9 to physical channel 13 (which is what it is here). Fox will show up as channel 9 in my guide not channel 13, but the tuner is actually tuning to channel 13.

I would also recommend that track all of these mappings in document in case you ever need to setup your sources again.