SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wired MVP - has wired and wireless MAC ? Hum ???

Hello,

I recently picked up my third MVP (Hauppauge not Sage version ...) and I was tweaking the interface, copying the properties file from another MVP when I went to get the MAC address of the new MVP. Imagine my surprise when I found that my new MVP has both a "wired" and a "wireless" Mac address.

Does this mean that it would be simple to add wireless capability to it ??? Does anyone have any experience or insight ?

(PS) The MVP is the new revision, the one with the digital audio out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

This has been covered a few times here.

The short answer is no...there was a point in time where MVP's were in short supply, so they sold some neutered wireless versions as wired.

My understanding is you only have wired.

In any event, you do NOT want the wireless function...it sucks. Use a wireless bridge.