SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Sage User

MyIR blaster problems

As many of you know, MyIR Blaster (made by mytvstore) has ceased doing business. I am having an issue after a reinstall with mine, and I was wondering if any of you have any ideas.

I have everything working except the 'enter' or 'select' after the channel changes. I previously had this working with the exact same cablebox hardware and software, but cannot remember what I did.

The problem is the channel changes take forever as the system waits for a timeout before changing the channel. Does anyone have any suggestions for sending a 'select'/'enter' command after the channel change, so it will work? Everything I have tried doesn't do it.

Any help would be most appreciated,
Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Further Clarification

I wanted to clarify this a bit for anyone who might have a suggestion, and for whomever moved it to a different forum:

Firstly, this isn't 100% a hardware issue, which is why I posted it in 'software'. SageTV is supposed to send X-characters to the cable box, but when using the exetunerplugin.dll, it does not do so. Regardless of what you put in the field, it does not pad the channel number with zeroes as you would expect (i.e. 1->to-> 001 if you have it set for '3 digits'.) That is one thing that would immediately fix the problem. I assume that Sage works with its other plugins, but exetunerplugin.dll with the %CHANNEL% registry key does *not* send 3-digits to the .exe channel change program.

Secondly, and to clarify, my cable box will only change after it times out (i.e. it sends the channel, and then waits for the cable box to accept it, instead of sending an 'enter' or 'select' signal.)

I hope this clears up the question, as I have those two possibilities for a 'fix'. It really has little to do with Hardware, and everything to do with the behaviour of the sage provided exetunerplugin.dll .
Old 09-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Sage User

Anyone at all using exetunerplugin.dll and/or myblaster and getting it to send a 'select' after the channel, or alternatively getting SageTV to send 3-digit padded channel numbers?

I suppose I can buy a USB-IRT, but it seems like a waste if I already have a previously working blaster =(