SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Sage User

PVR150 IR blaster satellite rx control problems

Sometime this evening I lost the ability to change channels in SageTV. I have a Bell Expressvu satellite receiver (Ontario, Canada) with the Hauppauge PVR 150 IR blaster controlling it. The system has been running fine for several weeks but sometime tonight - possibly after a MS security update and subsequent reboot I lost the ability to change channels in Sage.

Using BlastCfg to change a channel works fine - I see the lights activate on the IR tx and the channel is changed correctly. However in Sage using channel up/down or selecting from the guide has no effect and there is not LED activity on the IR tx.

So far I've tried a simple reboot and a "Repair" reinstall of Sage with no effect. I'm assuming that since BlastCfg is working fine that there is no problem with the Hauppauge drivers - which are the latest from their website.

Any ideas on what can be done to fix this without a clean install of everything?

Thanks for your help.

Russell.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Sage User

Turns out the other thing I changed last night is from composite to s-video inputs. It seems the "Tuner Control: IR stub device" gets "greyed out" and marked as "n/a" in Sage video source setup when you select the s-video input. This has the effect of disabling the IR tx to control the satellite receiver.

It doesn't seem reasonable for the s-video input to lose the ability to use the IR stub device for driving an external receiver. I can understand it in the case of the tuner input.

Anybody know if this can be reconfigured somehow?

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Administrator

If you are changing the source that the IR config goes with, have you tried removing the source & re-adding it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage User

It's a pain in the butt to have to rebuild all my subscribed channels. Would it suffice to "duplicate" my source settings as a new source with the alternative s-video input (in case it doesn't work)? Or is there some other means of preserving my list of channel subscriptions?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Before doing anything, then, make a backup of your properties files & wiz.bin (in your SageTV directory). You could try just adding a new source & choose the same provider/lineup as the other source. I think that will keep your channels as they are and will also remove the previous source because the channels will be duplicated on 2 sources for the same tuner.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage User

Thanks. That did the trick.

I added a new source in video setup for the same capture card selecting the s-video input instead of the composite. When the source setup was complete the "new" source had replaced the old source and the IR stub device was still active.

Not at all obvious behaviour.

Thanks heaps for your help. The s-video input is much higher quality than the composite.

Russell.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage User

I should also add that my channel configuration was preserved even though I had supposedly configured a completely new video source. Convenient since it meant I didn't have to do all the channel selections again, but again not very obvious behaviour.

Thanks.

Russell.