SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request - multiple lineups

I know there are a bagillion threads about it (ok a few dozen), but the issue comes up a lot where people need to have different channels enabled/disabled for two different video capture devices. Currently the option seems to be to select a different providers lineup or a lineup from another town, but these don't always match what is actually being shown.

So I am requesting that Sage add a way for a provider's lineup to be copied and given a different name, use the same data for all the copies, and have different channels enabled/disabled + logical/physical channel numbers for each copy. RAmen.

For instance, I currently have three different lineups for one cable input because one card is analog and can only record up to channel 99, one card for svideo recording from the STB, and one for QAM. It would be very nice if I didn't have to hope that knology's QAM lineup is the same as Brighthouse's.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Love this Feature Request for multiple lineups.

I also sent this Feature Request to sage via their support page. I don't know if sage's brass read Feature Requests here. Anyone of like mind do the same

My reason for wanting multiple lineups.

I have a r5000 mod 211 and 311 sd ird. When I make a change the lineup of one, sage changes the line-up in both. The only way I could get around this was to set the 311 for Philadelphia and the 211 for dishnet nationals
I would love to just remove the HD channels for the 311 line-up so I could set both for Philly. This Feature Request would make my sage life easier

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 08-17-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

couldn't agree more! this would benefit anyone with a HDHR for sure. remaping channels is a real pita.

thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Submitted through support form
Old 08-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ditto

I have the same problem - two Digital STB's and on HD Firewire STB. The Digital lineup includes the HD channels, but if the regular STB's tune them they have sound but no picture.

Also, I have certain channels unavailable to the HD tuner (like Disney and Nickelodeon etc) to make sure that the gobs of shows my daughter wants recorded as favorites never prevent my HD channels from being available. (I use it kind of like a managed switch this way - preventing her from using all of my bandwidth).

I had to use the analog lineup for the non-hd boxes and manually add all of the channels in that I wanted them to have - which was a pain. Also, I can't select channel availability independently between the two standard boxes since they're on the same lineup. If you turn it off on one it turns of on the other.

It would be nice to be able to choose a uniform lineup or independent ones.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

Well at least it's getting past up the food chain

Richard,

Currently that is not supported, but I will forward this on as a suggestion.

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV Support
support@sagetv.com
http://www.sagetv.com
Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

If I choose my digital lineup (1-999)
I would like to assign tuners to same or different channels in that lineup
IE: 4 analog tuners can share 1-99
but my HD only 702-710

also I find one of two dual tuners do not work so well on some channels
as my other dual analog tuner. So I would like to also partition which tuner
for which channels.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hopefully they'll add this. It certianly would make adding certain tuner types a lot more user friendly.