SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Remote Control issue with 6.2.4

I just upgraded Sage to 6.2.4 from 6.1.8 and I've encountered a strange issue with my remote. I am using Girder to send command messages to Sage. This setup has been working quite well for almost a year now and I've never had an issue because of upgrading Sage versions.

The issue I have is that Sage receives the commands fine until I watch either livetv or a sage recording (no remote issues with watching a DVD from hard drive). As soon as I do either Sage stops responding to my remote commands. I then have to plug in a keyboard, stop the recording, and then the remote starts responding again until I view either livetv or a recording and have to repeat above.

So I'm not sure whats happening different when watching livetv/recording versus a DVD to affect the girder/sage communication.

So I reverted back to 6.1.8 which I had backed up and everything is working normally again.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I found the problem. I had hunch it was the aC3filter (which sage upgraded in the latest beta), I remembered that quite some time ago on another computer that when I installed one of the latest versions of ac3filter instead of using the one that came with Sage I had remote issues.

So anyways, I used the ac3filter from the 6.2.4 Sage Beta with my current 6.1.8 setup and I instantly had the same issue as soon as I watch a recording I lost my remote commands, so I put back the old ac3filter and things worked again. The only thing I need to do to confirm this is to install 6.2.4 again and use the old ac3filter.

So there must be a problem with girder 4 and some of the newer ac3filter versions.

Anyone have any ideas what I could troubleshoot within ac3filter or girder so I can use the newer ac3 version?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just posted a similar issue.

I can watch live TV all I want but as soon as I watch an imported video the up/down/left/right arrows stop working (see my post).

I don't think the issue is with your Girder, I do not use Girder at all (Microsoft MCE remote) and I have a similar problem so I think the issue is with Sage.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I had a similar issue a while back where the remote (using the Sendmessage plugin in Girder) wouldn't respond when playing back a video when using Overlay. The solution was to change the commands in Girder from Send message to Post message. I don't know if this applies, but I thought I'd just chime in.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I just posted a similar issue.

I can watch live TV all I want but as soon as I watch an imported video the up/down/left/right arrows stop working (see my post).

I don't think the issue is with your Girder, I do not use Girder at all (Microsoft MCE remote) and I have a similar problem so I think the issue is with Sage.
My problem with both with livetv and anything sage recorded, but I have no issues with any keyboard commands during playback. As soon as the playback has stopped any remote control commands I issued during playback get listened to by sage or buffered by girder and finally sent to sage.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I had a similar issue a while back where the remote (using the Sendmessage plugin in Girder) wouldn't respond when playing back a video when using Overlay. The solution was to change the commands in Girder from Send message to Post message. I don't know if this applies, but I thought I'd just chime in.

Aloha,
Mike
I'm viewing with VMR9 mode but I'll see if the works. I posted this problem over at girder and have a few things to try that was suggested over there.

One reason I don't have problems with DVD playback is because I'm using "Default" audio renderer for that and ac3filter for other stuff. I guess I could just use default for everything.