SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Sage deleting unwatched favorites recordings

I have Sage set to record several shows in my favorites list. Sometimes it decides to record everything on a single channel. It has been deleting unwatched recordings from my favorites list to make room for the other crap it decided it wants to record.

How can I tell Sage to never record anything unless I tell it to? This feature of recording shows and then deleting unwatched favorites to make room has now gotten Sage banished from our home.

Last night I checked my Sage recordings schedule and saw that the Survivor 2 hour conclussion and reunion were both scheduled to record, but now when my wife went to go watch them, they were gone, and instead there was a bunch of crap from CBS instead.

Please help, I really want Sage back.

thanks,
Old 12-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Sage User

do you have "intelligent recording" turned off in the options?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Sage deleting unwatched favorites recordings

Not sure what to tell you here. I've never had Sage TV do this to me.

It should ALWAYS delete 'intelligent recordings' and 'Live TV' show files first to make room for Manual Recordings and Favorites.

I am not sure what it would do if you had a complete drive full of unwatched favorites... Never been in that situation.

Unless maybe you were watching 'Live TV', didn't put the Sage TV machine to 'sleep' and it did the wrong thing with space mangement... Wiuldn't know about that either though, as I don't watch 'Live TV' on my Sage TV machines.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by lovingHDTV
I have Sage set to record several shows in my favorites list. Sometimes it decides to record everything on a single channel. It has been deleting unwatched recordings from my favorites list to make room for the other crap it decided it wants to record.

How can I tell Sage to never record anything unless I tell it to? This feature of recording shows and then deleting unwatched favorites to make room has now gotten Sage banished from our home.

Last night I checked my Sage recordings schedule and saw that the Survivor 2 hour conclussion and reunion were both scheduled to record, but now when my wife went to go watch them, they were gone, and instead there was a bunch of crap from CBS instead.

Please help, I really want Sage back.

thanks,
Old 12-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

After checking the recording schedule did you put Sage TV in sleep mode? If not that was probably your mistake, Sage TV probably was in Live TV mode and you did not realize it. You should go into sleep mode before leaving Sage TV for any length of time. If you start watching a scheduled program before it has completed recoding you are in live TV mode.
I assume the crap from CBS was late nite crap as opposed to crap like 60 minutes starting late. I almost never use Sage TV for CBS on Sunday nights because the schedule is almost always thrown off with a football game.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:29 PM

Since Survivor is a CBS series, I'm guessing you didn't put Sage to sleep. Sage thought you watched Survivor as it was recorded and marked it watched. As a "watched" show it would go to the bottom of the list and be one of the first deleted to make room for new shows.

Thats the only thing I can think of. As what all the others have said is true for me as well. I've never had Sage delete a "Favorite" to make space for "Live TV" or "Intelligent Recording" unless the "Favorite" was watched.
Edit:It looks like I typed too slow. As Carlgar has already pointed my idea.

On a side note a good feature for Sage would be a list of shows that were deleted or not recorded and why this happened. ie Survivor-deleted because it was watched OR Survivor-deleted by user

Tivo has a similar list and it's very usefull when trying to figure out why a show was not recorded or was deleted.

Last edited by justme; 12-15-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

AH! That is probably what happened.. Since it was 'being watch' as far as Sage TV knew, it mared it as watched and deleted it.

Good thinking.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by justme
Since Survivor is a CBS series, I'm guessing you didn't put Sage to sleep. Sage thought you watched Survivor as it was recorded and marked it watched. As a "watched" show it would go to the bottom of the list and be one of the first deleted to make room for new shows.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, that is probably what happened. I did turn to liveTV to make sure everything was working. I never put it to sleep because if I do, then I cannot get it back out of sleep with the remote. I have to go find the mouse.

If I put it in sleep mode, the bring it back up to just the main menu will that enure it is not in liveTV mode? Then I could do this while checking my recordings and still ve able to have remote control later on. I don't have a keyboard or mouse hooked to the Sage machine. I do all of that via VNC so it is very inconvenient to have to find a keyboard or mouse to get Sage from the taskbar to full screen.

Maybe SageTV 2.0 will fix this.

thanks,
Old 12-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, you can put it in sleep just for a moment and it stops the live TV mode.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by lovingHDTV
I never put it to sleep because if I do, then I cannot get it back out of sleep with the remote. I have to go find the mouse.
Are you using the Haupppauge remote? If so, check out this thread:
Sleep with PVR 250 Remote?

Searching the forums for "irremote.ini" brings up these threads:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=2455
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=2247

But the first link should provide plenty of info to modify your irremote.ini to enable waking Sage with your remote.

- Andy
Old 12-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Sage User

I think this "feature" has bitten us a few times as well. It sounds like a "Never automatically delete favorites" preference would be a good thing
Old 12-16-2003, 10:54 AM

If you are worried about it just set your favorites to never delete automatically.