SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Europe (Miscellaneous)
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Europe (Miscellaneous) SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from other part of Eurpoe - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Europe.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage User

SageTV - CableCom Switzerland - TVTV

It appears not to work together. I've setup SageTV with the TVTV EPG and it downloads a multitude (after 1000 I stopped counting) of channels all showing static. There seems to be no hardware problem as I can setup the channesl using the scan function in SageTV and get my regular channels.

Did anyone succeed in setting up SageTV with TVTV EPG and CableCOM succesfully? I would be most grateful to hear any suggestions. Sofar TVTV have been less than helpfull and SageTV support plainly obnoxious.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage User

Hi. I suggest you use TVMovie Clickfinder instead. It's about 15 CHF/Year, has all of the channels you usually need and works great with some xmltv-Importers out there...I use it for years now.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage and TVTV both have no way of knowing which channel number your TV stations are on... You have to manually remap the stations downloaded by TVTV onto the physical channel number where this station is received....

TVTV also has no way of knowing which stations you receive, so it allows you to choose from all the TV stations it knows about...

Even when using XMLTV, you normally need to remap the stations to the correct physical channel number

(note I used the word 'Stations' to distinguish a broadcast TV channel from the frequency it is received on)
Old 06-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Sage User

So the whole EPG channel download is a hoax! it doesn't exit! That sucks.
Ok I can do a manual scan and end up with most of the channels, but than how do I tell tvtv which channel to use for which station?

(I thought that life got easier in the digital era, it actually gets more complicated).
Old 06-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Sage User

a link would be helpfull, holozaen.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Sage User

Ok, www.tvmovie.com habe ich gefunden. Wie importiere ich jetzt die Sender in Sage? In die liste der TV-Anwendungen fehlt ja SageTV (ATIMMC, Cyberlink, Pinnacle, InterVideo sind alle da)

Last edited by theking2; 06-10-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theking2 View Post
So the whole EPG channel download is a hoax! it doesn't exit! That sucks.
Ok I can do a manual scan and end up with most of the channels, but than how do I tell tvtv which channel to use for which station?.
What I did (4 years ago) was:
  • Manual scan
  • Make a note of which TV station was on which channel #
  • Download EPG (I used xmltv at the time)
  • In the channel setup page, find each TV station that you want, enable it, and remap the physical channel # to the actual channel # that it is broadcast on.
  • Keep all the other TV stations disabled
  • Later you can remap the logical channel # to get your stations in a preferred order.

With a bit of luck, you will only have to do this once.

And yes setting up sage with TVTV sucks. Partially this is TVTV's fault -- last time I complained, Sage told me that TVTV gives no way to Sage of selecting TV stations by country/region, so they just have to get all of them and let the user sort through...