SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTVService still running but stops responding..

This is a new problem so maybe it was just a 1 time fluke? But I'll let you guys know what happen maybe somebody can shed light. I'm using Sage 6.1.9 Server and client, and some MVP's. About 9 hours ago the only GUI open was on the client PC watching LiveTV. I watched the ClientPC for over a hour and everything was working. Then when I come back hours later I see my client stopped watching LiveTV, I pull up the menu and change the channel. It says it "cannot connect to the sagetv server/service".

My first thought was something crashed, computer got turned off etc etc. I go check out the server and all seems ok, i open the sage GUI and on the server PC I get the same error "cannot connect to sage service".
I open up Computer Management -> Services and look at SageTV Service and its running. I hit Task Manager and I see SageService listed and it doesn't look frozen.

So I opened the GUI a few times thinking it may connect but no go. I restarted the SageTVService then tried the GUI and it finally came back.

Anyway I'm sure i'll post more if it repeats.

Jon-
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have similar occasional freezing up of the sage-service - usually related to leaving the MVP 'on' after a show that is being watched has ended....annoying when it happens...have to restart the service and sagetv- and sometimes even restart the computer messing up all current recordings.