SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Sage Expert

Remote quit working

I've been using an MCE remote with Sage (currently running 6.1.9) for over a year with no issues. Actually, I've been technically using a Harmony 880, which is programmed like a MCE remote...

Anyway, tonight I turn on Sage to find that the remote is no longer working for some reason. I've tried the Harmony and the actual MCE remote, plus the Harmony works for other components, so it's definitely a computer/Sage thing. I verified that the installation is still set to use the MCE remote in the settings, and when I push a button on the remote, I can see the red light inside the computer case confirming that it's receiving a signal, but Sage doesn't respond to it.

Any thoughts? (The keyboard/mouse still work, just not the remote...)

Thanks.

EDIT: Pay no attention to the idiot behind the Sage server. The remote sensor USB had come slightly undone on the back of the server... working fine now. Interesting that the red light still lit up though...

Last edited by popechild; 05-18-2007 at 10:47 PM.