SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Firefly remote and SageTV Client

OK, I have a firefly remote that works great with my HTPC with SageTV installed.

In an attempt to add media capabilities to my bedroom, I set up a computer with SageTV Client and another Firefly remote. Unfortunately, this just isnt' working for me.

The media buttons (Play, Rewind, Stop, etc.) will not function in the application. I have copied the SageTV profile for the remote from the main HTPC that is working to this system with the same results.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is anyone using a firefly remote with a SageTV Client box? If so, could you post your xml profile?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pretty sure the FF SageClient XML has been posted here before; try poking around. Not at home so can't post mine.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I looked around and couldn't find anything.

However, I downloaded the profile editing instructions and tinkered and I think I finally got it.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to bbroerman
Firefly remote

I recently purchased a Firefly remote, and although I can get most of the keys to work well, the latency is killing me!

For each button press, it takes 3 to 4 seconds for the action to be done... Now, in the app that comes with the remote, the action accompanying the key press is immediate. With Sage, Winamp, and PowerDVD, it is very slow. Keyboard requests for these apps are quite fast...

I am left thinking that it is the interface between the Firefly remote and the rest of Windows... It looks like it's very poorly implemented...

Would anyone have suggestions?

(Rig: Athlon XP 2100, 512MB Ram, 400gb Maxtor ATA-133 7200rpm, ATI Radeon 9200, 2x Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE)