SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

FF and RW options...

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get Sage to do a smooth FF and RW like TiVo does, but am not having luck. I've got a Hauppauge 350 w/45-button remote. I don't like how the two FF/RW options are actually one-click skips. I'd much rather have one of them work in this function, and the other work more like a FF/RW (like TiVo or a VCR, etc).

I applied some buttons to the "Smooth FF" and "Smooth RW" commands but they don't do much of anything for me. Would be nice to be able to click once for 2x, twice for 4x, three times for 8x (or something similar).

Is there a way to do this? Am I on the right track, or am I missing something simple?

Appreciate any help!

AL
Old 05-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Administrator

The smooth FF/REW commands are limited to the MVP and some DVD decoders -- see the details about those commands in the PDF manual in your SageTV directory. For v6.1, they are on p. 204.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Andy, thanks.

Yeah, I read through the manual. Was just hoping that I was missing something. A lot of the other PVR's have this feature, and it's nice. Are there plans to include it in Sage? I've been messing with GBPVR, MediaPortal, Beyond, and Sage...and Sage is growing on me.

Is there a roadmap listed anywhere, by chance?

Thanks again for the amazingly quick help!

AL
Old 05-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

There is a plugin available that will give you more of a Tivo-style FF/REW, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11060 . It is dependent on the decoder that you use, and the type of video being watched. You may want to take a look at it.

edit: Oh, and give the Sage-style FF a chance, you may end up getting used to it and appreciating it. I have it set so that my FF2 is 120 seconds / 2 minutes and the FF is set for the default 10 seconds. You'll start to get used to the length of the commercials, 2, 2.5, & 3 minutes are common lengths. During normal usage, when a commercial comes on, I hit my FF2 once, and my FF 0, 3, or 6 times and I am at the end of the commercials very fast without having to watch the FF and stoping it when the show comes back on.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 05-13-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Are there plans to include it in Sage?
My guess (I don't use it & don't want to use it, so I never asked about it) is that it will be just for the media extender, and only when the video can play natively on the extender. When the video has to be transcoded, smooth FF/REW is not available.

Quote:
Is there a roadmap listed anywhere, by chance?
No. SageTV usually doesn't publicly disclose development details before things are ready for a release, or at least a public beta.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.