SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Sage User

Recording while playing back a previously recorded show.

Hello! Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't really find any reference to it. I have a single PVR250 card in my PC & cannot seem to be able to record a show while viewing a previously recorded show! Is this possible with just a single PVR250 card? I am using SageTV 1.4.10. Thanks for any help that you can give!

Dave
Old 12-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Recording while playing back a previously recorded show.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davidgm
Hello! Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't really find any reference to it. I have a single PVR250 card in my PC & cannot seem to be able to record a show while viewing a previously recorded show! Is this possible with just a single PVR250 card? I am using SageTV 1.4.10. Thanks for any help that you can give!

Dave
The record and playback functions are independent. What are the symptoms you are experiencing? Personally, I have three tuner cards and can be recording programs on all of then while I play something back without any problem.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Hi Fidget! Thanks for the reply! What happens for me is that while I am watching "Live TV" I decide to check out something I have recorded, when I go back to the "Live TV" there will be a gap in the recording for the time period that I was viewing the previously recorded material. I even tried hitting "record" before trying to view the previously recorded material with the same results. I hope that I am making it clear to you waht my problem is. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-08-2003, 09:43 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Make sure the file is specified as a recording in the Guide before you begin viewing a previously recorded file. You can force it to keep recording by pressing "record" on the show while in the Guide. Then a yellow box will appear around the show and it will continue recording when you switch to the other recorded show.

The reason it stopped recording was because it assumed you were done watching the show when you switched. This won't happen if it's a scheduled favorites, a manual recording or an intelligent recording SageTV scheduled on its own.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Sage User

Hi! I thought I had tried hitting record while actually watching the show & then going into the guide under the Sage listings & confirming that it was selected to record. But I will have to try some of the other scenarios tonight when I get home. Thanks for the the help, at least now I know it should work!
Old 12-08-2003, 02:40 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Hitting record while watching a show does not work in version 1.4. You have to go back to the guide to select for recording. We are looking to implement this for version 2.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Sage User

Thanks for your help! It does seem to work if I follow your instructions!