SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Recording prob w/ dual 250's

Here's my setup,
Card #1 is setup for local ant
Card #2 is setup for DirecTv, serial control

Here's my problem,
Recordings scheduled off the satellite are being listed under Sage 1 instead of Sage 2 and therefore recording the last channel watched off the ant. The OSD while recording is showing the correct satellite channel and info but recording and displaying the local ant from card 1. If I schedule a local ant recording to "fill" the Sage 1 slot and then schedule a satellite recording everything works fine. If I delete the Sage 1 scheduled recording though, the Sage 2 schedule moves up to the Sage 1 position which will then record incorrectly.

When I first setup SageTv, I selected that both cards use the local ant and only one to use the svideo for the satellite. I have since modified the setup to what is above. I believe that something in the setup isn't correct even though the wizard is listing everything correctly. Is there anyway to correct this manually without padding the recording scheduler or deleting my properties file and starting over again? I hope version 2 has better multituner control.

Rick
Old 12-06-2003, 12:03 PM

If you experience any of the following Multi-Tuner problems with SageTV version 1.4:

Multi-tuner scheduling with different lineups sometimes picks the wrong tuner for manual records.

Merit sorting order is inverted for scheduling.

100% CPU usage if you scheduled enough manual records in a complex overlapping scenario on multiple tuners.

E-mail us at support@freytechnologies.com for an updated Sage.jar file to correct the problems.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Thanks. I sent them an email.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Sage User

Question

Guess I'll have to wait until monday to get the file unless it's ok for someone to email me a copy of the patched sage.jar file?

Rick
strohmrs@adelphia.net
Old 12-06-2003, 11:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
If you experience any of the following Multi-Tuner problems with SageTV version 1.4:

Multi-tuner scheduling with different lineups sometimes picks the wrong tuner for manual records.
Can you provide more details about what you call the wrong tuner for manual records? I currently have this patch and what I see is that manual records always go to the first tuner that is not currently recording pushing favorites to other tuners. I consider to be incorrect but I have not yet reported it as a problem. I usually just cancel the manual recording and mark program as a favorite to get the program scheduled on what I think is the proper tuner.

Sorry strohmrs, I considered sending you the patch. However, I think it would violate the EULA, which restricts distribution of proprietary software.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:46 AM

Calgar,

Are you not getting recordings or something? From your statement it sounds like you are just not happy with the tuner assignement Sage is making but it is still recording everything you want. Can you explain in more detail?

The patch from Frey is really more of a multi-source patch than multi-tuner patch. It fixes the issue where Sage incorrectly schedules a recording for a second source (usually digital cable via svideo) on the tuner that is completely RF with a single source.

Thanks!

Last edited by mlbdude; 12-07-2003 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Mlbdude,
I don't recall if I would have still gotten all of my recordings or not, but since I did get conflict warning I doubt if I would have. The problem created was that the first favorite had 1 min. of leading padding, I had already modified the preceding program to stop 1 early to make room. I selected the manual recording because I saw that tuner 3 was available for the recording. However, when the manual recording was placed on tuner 1 it caused conflict warnings. A manual recording should use the same turner assignment logic as a favorite except that it would have the highest priority. As I stated, when I canceled the manual recording and made it a favorite it did end up on tuner 3 where I wanted it. This is not real big issue for me at this time, but when I saw your post I was wandering if the current logic was needed or requested for some specific reason.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Sage User

It doesn't matter if I select to record a program from the guide or set it up as a favorite, it still tries to record from the first source which is setup only for RF input for local TV. The only way I can get a good recording from the second card (sat s-video only) is to have another recording set for TV first then setup the satellite recording. Manually switching from local TV to satellite works fine and I can view a whole show on the satelitte and then afterwards save that recording from Sage Recordings to the library.

Rick
Old 12-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Sage User

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say that I received the updated sage.jar file from sage and the problem I listed above has been corrected. The scheduled recordings are now showing up next to the correct card/input instead of defaulting only to the first card.

Thanks go out to Sage support!

Rick
Old 03-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having the same problem. how do i get this jar file
Old 03-13-2004, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Email Sage support.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.