SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-05-2003, 06:38 AM
Sage User

Locked recordings via network?

Hi Folks... I'm trying to transfer recorded sage MPG's across my network to anther machine. But I cannot stop the "Access is denied, file may be in use or the disk is full.write protected" error.
I have killed Sage TV on the box, assuming that was locking out the drive or files. I have Sage setup to use the entire drive on that Box. Is there something that is loading up that would do that to that particualr drive? I can get the C: Drive files with no issue...(But thats not sage recording drive)

Thanks for any info!!

Rob
Old 12-05-2003, 07:13 AM

That is most likely a Windows error (I get it a lot in Explorer too). To check, try making the copy/delete with the command prompt.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I get that problem when I have my windows folders configured like a web browser where a little thumbnail displays when you select the file on the left side of the folder window.......

Go to a different view type (like details, instead of icons) for the folder and see if that cures your problem.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Sage User

No luck yet... It's the drive I think.. I tried to move a file from C: to D: over the network and it wokred..but no luck doing anything with the files on D. Cant rename, move, delete. Even from the local system... odd??
Old 12-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

What OS are you running? Have you checked your permissions on drive D? make sure your have share privileges and security permissions that allow you to do those functions with the ID you are using.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Sorry.. WIn XP pro... I should have the permissions Ok... no account names on either machine...

Firewalls are all down. It is like the program.. SAGE...which I have dedicated thsi drive too..has locked it for exclusive rights/use...
Old 12-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm,

XP Pro on my Client and Server. I move files all the time. I now even have files playing on my MVPMedia over the network. I do have full modify files turned on. Copies to take awhile but you get the normal windows flying file papers during the copy along with the bar graph. I've never had an issue with a locked file unless it was recording to it....

BTW- 64K sector size NFTS on both....

-Stan
Old 12-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

How do you get no account names on either machine?

If that is so, how do your security policies work? How are they setup for your D drive?