SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

MediaMVP and Comcast Pay Per-View

I recently purchased 2 Media MVP's and have realizied that I can not send the required IR codes through the MediaMVP to purchase a Pay Per-View movie. Is there a way to pass these codes through MVP and SageTV to be able to do this.
Thanks

Old 04-08-2007, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr View Post
I recently purchased 2 Media MVP's and have realizied that I can not send the required IR codes through the MediaMVP to purchase a Pay Per-View movie. Is there a way to pass these codes through MVP and SageTV to be able to do this.
Thanks

No. You can only do this with your cable box AFAIK.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
No. You can only do this with your cable box AFAIK.

Gerry
Gerry,
Do you know if this is a limitation to the MVP, I am guessing the MVP has the IR codes hard coded in it's ROM. I say this because I have noticed that it does not seem to react to any other codes sent to it other than those from the Hauppauge remote?
I have been searching for a more detailed manual on the MVP but there does not seem to be anything? Would think that someone would have thought about this in the past and built a work around. I have seen an external utility that may work IRCommand2 but it required direct access to the server.
This would be a great addition to the system since I put all this money into it and have the server and DTB's in a central location and MVP's on 2 sets and was planning on more.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Administrator

The MVP, like most IR receivers from Hauppauge, responds to codes from the the RC5 IR protocol. You can assign pretty much any RC5 code to any SageTV command in Detailed Setup while using the MVP.

What the MVP does not do at all is any sort of IR blasting. It also does not simply pass through any IR code that it receives to SageTV & out through some IR blaster connected to the server.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The MVP, like most IR receivers from Hauppauge, responds to codes from the the RC5 IR protocol. You can assign pretty much any RC5 code to any SageTV command in Detailed Setup while using the MVP.

What the MVP does not do at all is any sort of IR blasting. It also does not simply pass through any IR code that it receives to SageTV & out through some IR blaster connected to the server.

- Andy
It seems no one would like this function in Sage? But I'm going to ask again even though I seem to get put off?

I know that there may be technical issues why SageTV can not send cursor controls to the cable Box to move the "Selection BAR" around and send Enter or "Select" commands to order a On-Demand or Pay Per View movie or event? But I have seen other programs that say they can do it. I'm sure one of our crack programmers out there could write an
Add-In to make this work?

This would be one of the best improvements I would think that could be made to the best PVR program I have seen so far.

Is this just impossible to do? Or am I just barking up an old tree?

Thanks In Advance for any help.

Jeff

Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

- Andy
Andy I got all the On Demand stuff working and it works great, Now I am trying to use One remote to replace the Hauppauge remote, SAGE, Comcast, DVD, Ect. I have a OneForAll URC8910 Remote

I have tried to set the remote up to replace the Hauppauge A415-HPG Remote but but the URC810 remote will the only send one (KEYPRESS) or Digit for example if you want to select channel 331 it will send the first 3 but when you press 3 again the MVP does not receive the code. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Administrator

If using v6.2, try setting this property in the MVP's .properties file in the 'clients' subdirectory:

rc5_disable=false

Otherwise, I think it is because you learned the codes on the remote instead of using a device code or programming them via JP1. The Hauppauge remote uses a toggle bit so it changes each time you press the same key repeatedly. A lot of remotes don't learn that properly.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The Hauppauge remote uses a toggle bit so it changes each time you press the same key repeatedly. A lot of remotes don't learn that properly.

- Andy
Ditto.

I basically do this with a simple and cheap radiocrack "IR Powermid" setup.

I just have a powermid beside the MVP and it will relay all IR codes I have found back to the server closet. I use it to navigate the menus on my DVD player but it could just as easily control a cable/sat STB.

You can also do IR up the coax or over Cat5 so if wireless puts you off (it does me) plenty of other options. I just happened to already have a powermid setup and my display and server are only 12-15' apart, I don't know the distance limits of the powermid.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If using v6.2, try setting this property in the MVP's .properties file in the 'clients' subdirectory:

rc5_disable=false

Otherwise, I think it is because you learned the codes on the remote instead of using a device code or programming them via JP1. The Hauppauge remote uses a toggle bit so it changes each time you press the same key repeatedly. A lot of remotes don't learn that properly.

- Andy
Andy,
Thanks for the reply.
I am now using IR and Remote Master to program my UNIV remote.

1st. I checked the .properties files for my MVP's and they were already set to rc5_disable=false.
These are located in C:\SageTV\SageTV\clients

Should they be set to rc5_disable=True instead? Just seems Logical.

2nd. I have looked through all the documentation on
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
and it talks about using the irremote.ini?
Do I need to install the Hauppauge Remote SW along with using my USB-UIRT? Currently I do not have the irremote.ini in use
Thanks
Like my handle says "LOST" INPVR
Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr View Post
1st. I checked the .properties files for my MVP's and they were already set to rc5_disable=false.
These are located in C:\SageTV\SageTV\clients

Should they be set to rc5_disable=True instead? Just seems Logical.
Oh yeah... probably... maybe I didn't not have the not backwards to properly change the negative property cancellation. Or something.

Change it & see if it works better is about the best I can recommend. It should depend on whether your remote is using the toggle bit or not.

Quote:
2nd. I have looked through all the documentation on
- Hauppauge remote help:...
Do I need to install the Hauppauge Remote SW along with using my USB-UIRT? Currently I do not have the irremote.ini in use
The Hauppauge IR software is only used on the PC if you are using the Hauppauge receiver, so you don't need it at all if you are using a USB-UIRT as your receiver.

And, you don't even need to emulate the Hauppauge remote... except that I suppose you are doing that so you can have a single remote to use with the MVP and the PC.

- Andy
Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

In post #6 above, Lostinpvr mentions that he got his MediaMVP to control his On-Demand and PPV menus on his STB's. Can anyone please tell me how you would go about doing it? In post #4, it looks like to me Andy may be saying that you just need to set some commands in SageTV. Is that all it is? Or, do you need to use a key mapping software like LM Remote KeyMap or Girder? It looks like it should be doable with LM Remote KeyMap.

Help....

Thanks.