SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Mysticle31
My Sage Time in an hour ahead. Auto-sync syncs incorrectly. EPG reads correct.

For some reason my sage time is an hour off. It's not an hour behind, as if it didn't update for DST in the sunny state of California where I am. It's an hour ahead of my computer time. The guide info being displayed is correct, just an hour off. I don't remember setting the time in Sage TV.

What gives? Any ideas? I'm using version 5.0. It's been working well for a while.

Now it's also been doing silly things like not displaying the guide info or any recording data on the recording screen, many little GUI annoyances. But that's another issue I'm been researching.

Last edited by Mysticle31; 03-13-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Sage User

I just tried playing with the Sage TV Time sync with no effect.

I also played with the windows time sync and, for some reason, when I tell windows to sync with time.windows.com it places the computer an hour behind at 6:55, when it is really 7:55 and sage is reporting 8:55. The same thing happens on my Sprint PPC-6700 when I sync with Sprint's timeserver, one hour behind.

Any ideas? What's going on here. I realize you guys may just know about sage, I figured I'd ask.

Last edited by Mysticle31; 03-13-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 PM

I have the same problem with Sage tv 6. I have updated my jre, and run tzupdater. EPG data is shown an hour earlier than it should be (e.g. 11PM shows are listed under 10PM), Sage time is correct. Windows time is correct. Any ideas?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage User

I think your problem is a little different. I would, perhaps, try setting your importer's DST settings.

I've noticed that if I let the computer sync with time.windows.com that the sage time will be correct at 8:17 but the computer time will be incorrect at 7:17. This is one...grr.. How could something so simple be so complicated.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prax View Post
I have the same problem with Sage tv 6. I have updated my jre, and run tzupdater. EPG data is shown an hour earlier than it should be (e.g. 11PM shows are listed under 10PM), Sage time is correct. Windows time is correct. Any ideas?
If you've waited 24 hr, the EPG data should have caught up and re-synched - if windows has the right time AND if the java run time tzupdate was effective. I stopped sage while I ran tzupdate to make sure there were no instances running.

I hurried the EPG re-download by disable/reenable one channel in my tuner channel line up choices in Sage.

These done, I was OK with the time change. Wish it had been transparent to me.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticle31 View Post
I think your problem is a little different. I would, perhaps, try setting your importer's DST settings.

I've noticed that if I let the computer sync with time.windows.com that the sage time will be correct at 8:17 but the computer time will be incorrect at 7:17. This is one...grr.. How could something so simple be so complicated.
Have you got the windows TZ patch installed, as well as updating to a recent Java version? See the sticky at the top of this forum for more info
Old 03-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Have you got the windows TZ patch installed, as well as updating to a recent Java version? See the sticky at the top of this forum for more info
I've done both of these... and the time is still not showing properly inside of Sage.

I tried upgrading to the latest version of Java, ran the TZimporter, have all latest windows patches installed (system time properly changed automatically), disabled the SageTV server sync... re-enabled it.... all to no avail.

My time is still showing 1hour ahead in Sage.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Sage User

My installation is ahead one hour as well.
This is just recent, as of today. Yesterday, the time was right and I got all my recordings.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Sage User

SageTV time is wrong. How to change?

Ever since daylight savings, my SageTV keeps the wrong time. So recordings are not right. It's currently 1 hour behind normal.

Here's the weird thing: The SageTV time is always an hour behind my PC clock time. So now, my PC clock is correct, so the SageTV time is an hour slow. If i change my PC clock to be an hour fast, then the SageTV time is correct.

This all happened after daylight savings last weekend. My PC clock was an hour slow, and the SageTV clock was 2 hours slow. It ruined all my scheduled recordings.

I could simply keep my PC clock an hour fast, but i'd rather have this working correctly.

Thanks for your help!
John

* merged *
Old 03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Sage Expert

Check out the first sticky in this forum on the DST change.

My suggestion, however, would be to install Java 1.6 (also called 6) and reboot.

This assumes you've already installed the Windows DST patch, which it sounds like you have done. You need to do both.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Sage User

Perhaps I can help.

Hi John,

Please see the "Sticky" post above. Please read all 119 posts regarding this topic. Follow the links provided, even though you won't know what to do when you get there.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Administrator

There is a forum-wide announcement that points directly to a post containing the java versions that are up to date for the DST change this year. You need both the Windows AND java updates.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage User

Nielm + Opus (Andy)

Thanks for the help, I had installed the patch on intelliadmin, but did not reset the time after installing the patch. It works now. The other problem was EPG was not update because it had not downloaded from the previous day.

Thanks Again, on and SageTV 6 is great, I love the new features.

Regards,
SorrowsTyr
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Yeah the Java update was what I was missing. Makes me wonder about those who use sage that do not know about the forums are doing.

Does anyone have any idea about my sprint pocket PC? It's an hour behind too and there isn't a patch for it I don't think. Even when I sync to the cell network. It's running hell with my phone as I have it configured to turn off the ringer during work and class times..
Old 03-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticle31 View Post
Yeah the Java update was what I was missing. Makes me wonder about those who use sage that do not know about the forums are doing.

Does anyone have any idea about my sprint pocket PC? It's an hour behind too and there isn't a patch for it I don't think. Even when I sync to the cell network. It's running hell with my phone as I have it configured to turn off the ringer during work and class times..
I have a HP Pocket PC. Fortunately, a user on a forum similar to this one posted a patch he wrote. worked great. User forum like this one are the best!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
There is a forum-wide announcement that points directly to a post containing the java versions that are up to date for the DST change this year. You need both the Windows AND java updates.

- Andy
I'm banging my head against the wall here... I have done everything I can possibly think of, and a few times by updating the system time back and forth, will get the Sage time to show up properly but it keeps on automatically resetting itself to be onehour ahead of where it is supposed to be.

- I have the proper windows patch (my system set itself properly on D-day)
- I already had the latest Java, but manually updated anyways
- I tried installing version 6 no change
- I used the tzupdater... no change.
- I uninstalled ALL java application and reinstalled the latest version

And STILL my time keeps setting itself 1 hour ahead... any ideas?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure... since the time got set correctly the last time I had SaegTV sync with the EPG server, I don't think that would be the issue. Is there a setting for time_zone= in your sage.properties file?

If Windows and Java are both up to date, I'm not sure what else is happening.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

There is... and its blank.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried putting PST in there... no change.

Update: More testing and ran into some issues that may help track down this problem.

If I set the time zone setting to "PST" it goes to 1 hour ahead of current PST time.
however a lowercase "pst" there = 8 hours ahead of current PST time.

est = correct EST time adjusted for DST
EST = same as above
cst = shows same time as pst, so 6 hours ahead of cst time
CST = shows same time as EST or 1 hour ahead of CST

mst = correct MST adjust for DST
MST = same as aboveby the same amount.

Last edited by grooves12; 03-17-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Administrator

I was just asking about it in case it was set differently than your Windows setting, but SageTV should be using your Windows time zone and DST settings.

- Andy