SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Corrupt video files in Sage

All right,

Not sure if this is Sage or the capture card drivers or both.

Here's the setup info:

2 PVR 150s with closed caption drivers
Sage V6
All recordings are going to a freenas server

Now heres's the problem:

Many shows that are recording when you go to play them in sage it comes up as an all red bar except the first 5 minutes or so. I have the shows all set to +-5 minutes padding. Sage just immediately acts like the file is done and doesn't play any of it.

So I browse to the file on the server and it plays just fine in Windows media Player.

It seems to be happening on particular channels and specific shows but im not sure. It also seems that it is all shows with [CA] in the title.

So heres my thoughts:

It's something weird in sage.

Maybe one of the tuners isn't working right?

Its the PVR 150 drivers.

It's the registry hack for the drivers that fixes the timecode issue when you have 2 pvr 150 tuners

Sage is getting messed up for show with Close Captioning. I never finished setting this up correctly.

The recording is actually corrupt in some way. I tried Video Redo's quickstream fix and it made no difference so I don't think its this.

Any help appreciated
Old 03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Administrator

What are shows with [CA] in the title? What is different about them?

Are you playing from a client, or are you playing them on the server? If on a client - are you using UNC paths? If so, does the client have permission to access those paths?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Sage User

For the most part I'm playing right from the server. I also have an MVP and it has the same results. Yes I am using UNC paths already.

I just rolled back to the latest PVR 150 drivers to see if that make a difference. I've made too many changes lately I'm having a hard time tracking this down. The nas server is new, the 150 drivers are new, and the version of sage is new as well as a few new addons.

As far as the shows go it seems to be mostly my wifes shows Dateline NBC, 20/20, entertainment tonight. I also just had about 8 episodes of enterprise do it too. These are all being recorded from Timewarner standard cable coming into the coax connection on the 150's.

Since rolling back the drivers to the last official version i haven't had a problem but only time will tell. It's very strange as out of 10 of the same shows maybe 2 work.

My only other thought is I rebuilt my home network recently so maybe with all the mess of reconnecting everything sage lost the videos o the NAS? Very strange though because it wasnt a cannont fine message but ratherthe timeline is red like the recording was interupted. File details such as size, name and location all displayed fine though and it seems to only be occurring on videos recorded to the NAS although that's hard to prove as Sage is preferring that location as its got a lot of space.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Well just to update... its been about a week since I rolled back my drivers to the lastest final version from hauppauge and so far so good. I haven't seen any more corrupted files. So it appears to be a driver issue when recording.

So since I've seen a lot of people with similar issues I'd say add the PVR 150 fix if you are running multiple 150's or 500's. This seems to fix the corrupt timeline problem for me where the video would not skip, FF, REW, or Play correctly.

And also do not use any of the experimental drivers out there. This seems to be what is causing the complete lack pof playability of files for me.

Still wondering if the NAS or network moves have any relation to the problem but its working