SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Looking for a Plug-In to Slice & Dice My Video Library

I'm sold on SageTV as a great PVR application ... now for my vast video collection.

Using Meedio ... I can slice & dice my video collection across several tags and I would love to replace the Meedio functionality with SageTV ... Below are some of the features I have grown to love about Meedio ...

1) All my tags (kept in an access db = Wen Software's Movie Library) can be imported into Meedio and used to organize movies
2) Most of my tags are multi-dimensional ... i.e., I can separate multiple values using the field separator | and each movie will be cataloged in multiple locations (e.g., genre = drama|romance|sci-fi will show up in each of the three genres)
3) Meedio has some limited capability for pop-up screens with additional movie - video information (e.g., detailed plot)
4) Multiple levels for all videos ... so I can drill down from TV Show to Seasons to Episodes to individual airings ...

I've attached the 1st 5 of 15 screen shots to show some navigation while searching for movies ... (I can even search by AKA).

Thx for any guidance.

rgds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (31.9 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (25.0 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (39.5 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (48.3 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg 05.jpg (53.5 KB, 295 views)
Old 02-12-2007, 02:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Sages Imported Videos is very limited by comparison. You can browse by folder hierarchy, or search by file name. Some plugins allow displaying of metadata from MyHTPC's .my metadata files.

Some people keep using Meedio and use Sage as a front-end to launch Meedio, and some use Meedio as a front-end to launch Sage