SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Horizontal/Bi-directional scrolling panels

Has anyone got horizontal scrolling panels, or bi-drectional (vertical and horizontal) scrolling panels to work?

Vertical scrolls are easy but I cannot seem to get hoizontal and bi-directional scrolls to work?

Any tips (I have attached a test STV)
Attached Files
File Type: zip scrolltext.zip (1.6 KB, 212 views)
Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Is this problem only when trying to use text in the scrollable area? If so, maybe it is just affected by the size of the text widget due to having the text cut off at the right edge, so there isn't anything else to scroll to see. (I don't think there is a way to get the text to display extra wide like would be needed here.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:16 AM
SageTVaholic

In both Hscroll and BiScoll examples, the text widget is wider than it's containing panel (change the Anchor Point X to see all of it)

It also does not scroll when I put multiple copies of any other UI element (eg images) in the Panel...

The only time I can get it to Hscroll is if I put multiple Items in the Panel, and then the scolling follows the focus, but it sill does not work properly if the item is wider than the panel -- you cannot scroll without changing focus (which it does in VScroll)

(I want to have a bi directionally scrollable text widget which overflows both width and height in a panel)
Old 02-07-2007, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Apparantly, its a bug not a feature
Old 02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator

I wondered whether this was going to be for a Web page Text Viewer of some sort.

- Andy
Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

yep

I worked around the scrolling problem by dynamically altering the value of AnchorPointX when left/right was pressed, re-positioning the text widget in it's Panel. Not perfect, but it has the right effect.