SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrencegf View Post
I can also confirm that this plugin doesn't work on my MediaMVP. I could import the STVi, but the player screen shows no text on the virtual SlimPlayer. The plugin works fine on my computer.

Oh well. I had high hopes for this working with the MVP since I was able to get Pandora Radio to work on the MVP using the loopback hack. I recently switched to SlimRio for my Rio Receiver, so this plugin would have been ideal. I hope somebody can find another solution for internet radio on media extenders.
I do have modification for it to work on an Extender/MVP with the loopback hack, although I had gotten busy with NetFlix at the time and forgot to follow through with an update. I'll see about putting that out in the next day or two.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
I do have modification for it to work on an Extender/MVP with the loopback hack, although I had gotten busy with NetFlix at the time and forgot to follow through with an update. I'll see about putting that out in the next day or two.
If you could get the slim player working on an extender, I would be very grateful! That would give me a total media solution on my Media MVP. Looking forward to it, thanks!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Sage User

I apologize for being pushy, but has any progress been made on a version of the Slim Player that will work on the MediaMVP via the loopback hack? Thanks!
Old 09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Squeezeplay coming soon!

Hi Morgan, I have been trying to get a hold of both you and Chris aka "Koelec" about Squeezeplay support for sageTV for over a month now. Slimplayer, as you probably know has long been abandoned by Logitech and barely working.

Developers are being urged to transition to Squeezeplay ASAP before Softsqueeze completely stops working; especially for those of us who use it for Sirius Radio, Pandora, Slacker, Last.FM.

Squeezeplay is now part of SqueezeCenter 7.3.

I am willing to generously donate to you and Chris in effects to get this working before its too late.

Please get a copy of the latest SqueezeCenter 7.3 here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/

Please let us know if you get a hold of Koelec to see how far along he's gotten with Squeezeplay support for SageTV. Or, perhaps you can do this for SageMC without his help?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Wow ... that would be awesome. Right now I am without Streaming Audio of any kind.

I can't use Pandora. For some reason - even on a brand new clean Windows XP install - Pandora just doesn't work with IE (but works fine with Firefox!). Pandora can't tell me why, nor do they want to try and fix it.

Anything you can do to get this working would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 AM

Does SlimPlayer work with the latest SageTV (6.5) or I am doing something wrong with the installation?

I changed appearence to SageMC_169. From MC imported slim_player xml and It didn't show up in main manu nor in MyMusic. Thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

It works with the latest sageTV and sagemc just fine. You can add the menu via dynamic menus in sageMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski View Post
Does SlimPlayer work with the latest SageTV (6.5) or I am doing something wrong with the installation?

I changed appearence to SageMC_169. From MC imported slim_player xml and It didn't show up in main manu nor in MyMusic. Thanks

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Sage User

Step 13
13. Start SageTV and import slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml into your current STV. This will add Slim Player menu item as a submenu to the My Music menu selection on the Main Menu..

How do I import?????

Eric
Old 11-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Hey Morgan111, did you ever get a chance to update this for extenders? It looks great, but I'm an extender only user.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESkel View Post
Step 13
13. Start SageTV and import slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml into your current STV. This will add Slim Player menu item as a submenu to the My Music menu selection on the Main Menu..

How do I import?????

Eric
Got to Settings->Import STVi and select the slimplayer import file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
Hey Morgan111, did you ever get a chance to update this for extenders? It looks great, but I'm an extender only user.
I have it working except for an annoying problem when going off page and back that I need to correct.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Sage User

Extender Enablement

Quote:
I have it working except for an annoying problem when going off page and back that I need to correct.
Cool, let me know if there is anything I can do to help/test/incent as it looks like a great addition to Sage.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Sage User

SageMC Slimplayer

Went to Settings->Import STVi and select the slimplayer import file.

This worked!
I have the Slimplayer in the online section of the SageMC.
I don't have any favorites to select or don't know how to load any favorites.

Is there a station list text file to cut and past URL's to similar to the CustomOnlineVideoLinks.Properties file???

If so, I'm on linux so I need to know the filename and a place to start searching for the file such as squeezecenter if it is there.

Thanks
Eric
Old 11-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is the mod already in your download? I have the slimplayer showing up on my Extender and setup an account so I see favs, but it doesnt play, I select something and it says checking stream or to that extent and then sits on connecting.....

Do we need to edit the server local IP in the regedit? Also what should be running on the server, just squeezecenter? or softsqueeze player too?

Last edited by Zippster; 11-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Sage User

Extender Enablement Timeline?

Quote:
Hey Morgan, Do you think you're going to find the time to update for use on extender, or have priorities moved on?

I'm just curious, and I also wanted to thank you for the various work you do on the SageTV platform.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Sage User

SageMC Slimplayer

I don't have anything at the SageMC Slim Player GUI.
The Slim Player loaded fine and I do have a Slim Player Icon at the Online options menu of the SageMC.
I can access SoftSqueeze 3.7 on the computer (Linux) and play internet music fine.
I setup the router and firewall to pass 9090 tcp.

Don't know what to check/setup next.
Anyone with any suggestions?
Thanks
Eric
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I don't have anything at the SageMC Slim Player GUI.
The Slim Player loaded fine and I do have a Slim Player Icon at the Online options menu of the SageMC.
I can access SoftSqueeze 3.7 on the computer (Linux) and play internet music fine.
I setup the router and firewall to pass 9090 tcp.

Don't know what to check/setup next.
Anyone with any suggestions?
Thanks
Eric
Eric, are you running the SlimPlayer from a Linux client or is it a server? I don't know of any limitation on Linux, but I don't know if anyone has used it under Linux or not. Koelec masterminded the interface library. You may check with him in his thread here to see if there are any potential issues there.

The good thing is that softsqueeze is working from the same system. Did you copy softsqueeze.jar file from location "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\HTML\EN\html\softsqueeze" (or the Linux equivalent) to the JARS folder in your SageTV folder?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

I do have an updated import file here that should support the loopback feature for the Extender. It also fixes a few issues when using the latest SageMC like the Main Menu -> Music sub-menu.

The loopback channel is configured on the Options menu (Options key or ESC on SlimPlayer page). This value should be 0 is not using the loopback on the extender.

If you already have the loopback configured for the NetFlix import then you do not have to change the loopback setting, they both share the same configuration parameter for loopback channel.

Try this new import out from below and see if there are any real problems that anyone runs into. If/when it looks satisfactory I will update the main installation.

Morgan
Attached Files
File Type: zip slimplayer_sagemc_import.zip (14.0 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by Morgan111; 11-23-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Sage User

SageMC Slimplayer

The good thing is that softsqueeze is working from the same system. Did you copy softsqueeze.jar file from location "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\HTML\EN\html\softsqueeze" (or the Linux equivalent) to the JARS folder in your SageTV folder?[/QUOTE]

I did copy the .jar file from the HTML\EN\html\softsqueeze directory to the SageTV folder. My Linux is used as a server for both SageMC and Slim Player.

I'll try the new import tonight after work.
I don't have a Slim Player sub folder under the music menu, only under the Online menu.

I originally installed both: slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml and slimplayer-1.1.stvi
Does your new import replace these?
Should I uninstall both of these before installing your new import???

Also, I didn't install the Netflix import. Is this something I should also install for the loopback??
Old 11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Sage User

SageMC Slimplayer

I removed all imports and put the SageMC back to the default state with SageTV3.xml as its working system.

I loaded the new sagetv_slimplayer_import.xml and the TV went blank.
Thought that it might take a few minutes to load so I waited a couple minutes with nu luck.

Any suggestions???
Thanks
Eric
Old 11-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I removed all imports and put the SageMC back to the default state with SageTV3.xml as its working system.

I loaded the new sagetv_slimplayer_import.xml and the TV went blank.
Thought that it might take a few minutes to load so I waited a couple minutes with nu luck.

Any suggestions???
Thanks
Eric
You need to LOAD SageMC_169.xml as the STV and then IMPORT sagetv_slimplayer_import.xml.