SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok...so...to clarify steps for those that need 'em (I'm also successfully running SqueezeCenter 7.0, SageMC 6.3.7a, SageTV 6.3.10 on a client machine):

1) Install SageTV (if not done already)
2) Import SageMC (if not done already)
3) Install SqueezeCenter, set up directories, etc
4) Copy squeezesoft.jar into Sage JAR folder
5) Import SlimPlayer into Sage
6) Copy slimplayer.jar from ORIGINAL STV version of this plugin to the installation JARs folder. (this assures compatibility with v7 of SqueezeCenter)
7) Re-copy all of the JARs from the SageMC folder into your installation. (not sure why this happens, but you'll get error messages in Sage if you don't do this.)

Issues:

Client and HD Extender:
a) SlimPlayer sub-item does not show up under "Music". Have to add my own menu item.
b) Playlists are not being imported (.wpl nor .m3u), this may be a SqueezeCenter issue because I don't see them in the SqueezeCenter interface either. Anyone else have this issue?

HD Extender:
c) No sound? The install worked great on the client. I'd be *incredibly* bummed if I missed where this isn't supported by the HD Extender, but I wouldn't be surprised. Please advise! <fingers crossed> Volume is turned all the way up on the SqueezeCenter interface.

Thanks...
AL
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total

Last edited by Addict; 03-17-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure none of the streaming music plugins work on an extender.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation v1.3 Update Ready!

SlimPlayer update now available. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback mkanet.

v1.3 3/26/2008 here
  • Update references to correctly add SlimPlayer menu item to MyMusic popup menu in SageMC 6.3.7+.
  • Correct sizing that limited biography display to 1/2 the available space.
  • Make adjustments to fix and improve sizing and alignment of text and control elements. Thanks to mkanet for his suggestions and feedback.
  • Correct missing selection icon on button that selects data to be displayed.
  • Incorporate new Slimplayer.jar that provides compatability for SqueezeCenter (SlimServer 7) Thank you koelec!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Morgan, I extracted to the contents of this update to the correct directories, however, after I loaded the SageMC STV, I got the error:

You have an old version (null) of sagemc.jar intalled. Please update to the latest version!

Did you check your jar versions?

PS: I think you might have also accidentally packaged the files in the subdirectory: "Slimplayer-SageMC-Import-v13"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
SlimPlayer update now available. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback mkanet.

v1.3 3/26/2008 here
  • Update references to correctly add SlimPlayer menu item to MyMusic popup menu in SageMC 6.3.7+.
  • Correct sizing that limited biography display to 1/2 the available space.
  • Make adjustments to fix and improve sizing and alignment of text and control elements. Thanks to mkanet for his suggestions and feedback.
  • Correct missing selection icon on button that selects data to be displayed.
  • Incorporate new Slimplayer.jar that provides compatability for SqueezeCenter (SlimServer 7) Thank you koelec!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Michael, thanks for the heads up. I corrected the extra parent directory and updated the download file.

Maybe the version error could have been after importing from a different directory due to the extra file level in zip file? I only replaced the slimplayer.jar and the xml import file from the 1.2 version and do not include a sagemc.jar. If you see that after importing again, see what the reported SageMC Jar version is on the setting page.

Morgan

Edit: I see now that it said null version. That may indicated a directory problem, maybe from loading the xml file from a different file path?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Morgan, actually, the second time I tried I selected my unzipping tool to replace only newer files. After unzipping, that did the trick. It all works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Michael, thanks for the heads up. I corrected the extra parent directory and updated the download file.

Maybe the version error could have been after importing from a different directory due to the extra file level in zip file? I only replaced the slimplayer.jar and the xml import file from the 1.2 version and do not include a sagemc.jar. If you see that after importing again, see what the reported SageMC Jar version is on the setting page.

Morgan

Edit: I see now that it said null version. That may indicated a directory problem, maybe from loading the xml file from a different file path?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Morgan,
I am getting the same error message that Michael was getting (at every SageMC menu!). I got this error message prior to even importing the xml. My SageMC jar version says 6.3.7a. I basically had to remove all of the SlimPlayer Import files and reinstall SageMC to get back up and running. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also, it might be worth noting that I had the SlimPlayer plugin for the default STV installed prior to installing the import for SageMC. I have my SageMC up and running again, but no SlimPlayer.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

I did review the installation files and verified that the JAR files are the same as the old version except for the slimplayer.jar that was updated by koelec for SqueezeCenter. But I also found that the df_sageutils.jar (which I do not actually need anymore) is the latest from the download area but not the same as in the 6.3.7 SageMC files. I deleted that jar file since it is no longer needed here and uploaded a 1.3a version that I hope you try and let me know the results. I have tried on a reloaded 6.3.7a SageMC client and have no problems myself.

Morgan
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Morgan,
I will give it a try tonight. I am sure my wife would love it if I would stop messing around with Sage, but I can't. I tried the import on my machine at work and I did not get the error (i bet it was the df_sageutils.jar). I will let you know how it goes on my real machine tonight.
Thanks!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Morgan,
It must have been the df_sageutils.jar that was causing the issue. I installed the latest file and it works like a charm! Thanks for all of your hard work.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Where's the pause button?

How do you pause the songs?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-02-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I'm pretty sure none of the streaming music plugins work on an extender.

Gerry
Can anyone confirm?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I can confirm this plugin doesnt work on extenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
Can anyone confirm?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Sage User

I have it playing but the menus are all squeezed up in the upper left corner of the screen (basically on top of each other).

When I unzipped the files in the SageTV directory it wanted to overwrite newer copies of the following files (I chose not to overwrite):

gkusnick.sagetv.jar dated 12/3/2007 and mine was newer
log4j.jar dated 8/29/05 and mine was newer

I have had this issue with plugins and their install files wanting to overwrite newer dated files before. When choosing no it always effects the look.

What should I do overwrite newer files or not?

Thanks for any insight,
Andrew
Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

A lot of times the dates of the ones you have are the date you downloaded/unzipped it. Plugins that have been recently updated should have the newer ones and you should overwrite. Old plugins that haven't been updated in a while will not be the ones you want to overwrite in. I usually inzip them somewhere else and carefully choose the ones I want to put out there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone involved with this plugin!! I got it working yesterday and have been enjoying streaming music all day today Simply Great! Thanks again!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Very bad news...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Slim devices / Logitech decided to drop softsqueeze support in the current new version of SqueezeCenter 7.1

This automatically makes this plugin obsolete. I already notified Kolec about this. Hopefully he's well aware of this, and has been working on the next generation 7.1 version compatible version for SageTV. I actually use this plugin more than I watch TV lately. Listen to it all day.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-14-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Yes, I can confirm this plugin doesnt work on extenders.
I can also confirm that this plugin doesn't work on my MediaMVP. I could import the STVi, but the player screen shows no text on the virtual SlimPlayer. The plugin works fine on my computer.

Oh well. I had high hopes for this working with the MVP since I was able to get Pandora Radio to work on the MVP using the loopback hack. I recently switched to SlimRio for my Rio Receiver, so this plugin would have been ideal. I hope somebody can find another solution for internet radio on media extenders.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

We all need to cross our fingers that "Kolec" is working on a solution. The next generation softsqueeze player is right around the corner. You might want to ask him what his plans are..

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrencegf View Post
I can also confirm that this plugin doesn't work on my MediaMVP. I could import the STVi, but the player screen shows no text on the virtual SlimPlayer. The plugin works fine on my computer.

Oh well. I had high hopes for this working with the MVP since I was able to get Pandora Radio to work on the MVP using the loopback hack. I recently switched to SlimRio for my Rio Receiver, so this plugin would have been ideal. I hope somebody can find another solution for internet radio on media extenders.

***RIP SageTV***