SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

13. Start SageTV and import slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml into your current STV. This will add Slim Player menu item as a submenu to the My Music menu selection on the Main Menu..

sorry but i am new, how do i do this? i have slimserver working with the sirius plugin but have no idea how to get the menu item into sagetv
Old 12-24-2007, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Right click the menu page for sageMC... you will be presented with options to modify menu items... such as add an internal screen... for Slimplayer.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

wow that was one quick reply.

when i right click all i get is video menu options for video on menus and style, nothing else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagetv_jptheripper.JPG (99.5 KB, 449 views)
Old 12-24-2007, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Youre not using SageMC. Load the sageMC STV first... Under advanced settings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
wow that was one quick reply.

when i right click all i get is video menu options for video on menus and style, nothing else.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

well looks like this wont be a quick fix for me

I loaded the SageMC_16x9 and that worked great. Nice interface.

Then i loaded the slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml under load STV (yes i am realizing now i should not have done it here)

so i have a black screen

can i undo what i did or do i have to reinstall? where should i have pointed to the xml?

thanks, and merry xmas
Old 12-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

in your sage.properties or sageclient.properties... make your line match the one below

STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\sagemc_169.xml

or

STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\sagetv3.xml

and that should get you back to one of your default stvs

Good luck!
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
well looks like this wont be a quick fix for me

I loaded the SageMC_16x9 and that worked great. Nice interface.

Then i loaded the slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml under load STV (yes i am realizing now i should not have done it here)

so i have a black screen

can i undo what i did or do i have to reinstall? where should i have pointed to the xml?

thanks, and merry xmas
Note that imports have to be imported (Import STVi) into the appropriate STV, not loaded. Also, if you are running the latest SageMC (6.3.6) the updated Slimplayer import is not publicly available for it yet, so it won't work.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

okay now i am royally confused.

should i get rid of sagemc_6_3_6b_full.zip which i downloaded and use a different version?

and when i go to import stvi, i can only see the xml files, not the slimplayer-1.1.stvi i expected to see

wow i wish i could get this working, its major on the WAF list
Old 12-24-2007, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
okay now i am royally confused.

should i get rid of sagemc_6_3_6b_full.zip which i downloaded and use a different version?

and when i go to import stvi, i can only see the xml files, not the slimplayer-1.1.stvi i expected to see

wow i wish i could get this working, its major on the WAF list
sagemc_6_3_6b_full.zip is correct. Imports for SageMC are all .xml files. The .stvi extension is not used for SageMC. It helps keep users from accidentally importing plugins designed for the default STV.

Remember, the updated release of the Slimplayer plugin needed for SageMC 6.3.6+ is not publicly available yet.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has the new version been posted? Looks like the DL is still the 1.1 (Feb date) I wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing something old or just being a dufus!

Thanks!
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

so what is the latest sagemc release that the slimplayer plugin supports?
Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation New SlimPlayer Version 1.2!!

I have just updated the download here with new version 1.2 that was updated by MeInMaui for compatability with SageMC 6.3.6+.

I apologize for the delay with being out of town for a few weeks and then fighting with imports on Sage with Vista. Sorry Mike

I'm hopeful that the work koelec is now doing for the "Online Radio plugin for Extender" is successful so that we can adapt this import or the old WebRadio plugin for use on the HD Extender. (My PC clients are starting to disappear).

Quote:
so what is the latest sagemc release that the slimplayer plugin supports?

Last edited by Morgan111; 01-04-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added link to download page
Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm currently using it with the latest sagemc.. but there is a few cosmetic abnormalities, but functionality seems to be there. I haven't see any issues playing music from SlimPlayer at all. This is my first use of it so maybe I am missing something i'm not aware of, but otherwise its good!

I was asking about the updated version because MeInMaui seems to have converted over the the Theme system that started with the newest version of Sage, and I'm guessing would take care of those cosmetic problems I'm seeing. Just waiting on an upload apparently!

--Mike
Old 01-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

awesome thank you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
I have just updated the download here with new version 1.2 that was updated by MeInMaui for compatability with SageMC 6.3.6+.

I apologize for the delay with being out of town for a few weeks and then fighting with imports on Sage with Vista. Sorry Mike

I'm hopeful that the work koelec is now doing for the "Online Radio plugin for Extender" is successful so that we can adapt this import or the old WebRadio plugin for use on the HD Extender. (My PC clients are starting to disappear).
Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Sage Expert

ok, I am also having the problem where slimplayer is there, (I can select it if I press the arrow down key, it disappears and click enter) but not appearing on the submenu. What xml file can I email you Morgan, or what XML file do I need to change to make it visible?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Sage Expert

also, if I install this on the SageTV server, can a Client connect to the server, or do I need to put slimserver on the client machine?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
also, if I install this on the SageTV server, can a Client connect to the server, or do I need to put slimserver on the client machine?

If you want to run SageTV on a different machine from the slimserver, then you have to change the slimserver hostname (defaults to localhost). You can do this either through the configuration dialog of softsqueeze or directly in the registry.
Open up the registry by running regedit and changing the slimserver key value data in the folowing location:
HKEY_USERS/Software/JavaSoft/Prefs/org/titmuss/softsqueeze/slimserver.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
ok, I am also having the problem where slimplayer is there, (I can select it if I press the arrow down key, it disappears and click enter) but not appearing on the submenu. What xml file can I email you Morgan, or what XML file do I need to change to make it visible?

Thanks
One way to do it without modifying the loaded xml file would be to bump down the font size of the control font to see if you can get it to fix with only a minor change. Go to
Settings->SageMC->Main->Global UI Options->Display
Try bumping down the UI Controls Font Size one or two ticks and see of that fixes it for you. Other wise you could sent your Current STV File (list on the first Settings page) to mpstuff@comcast.net (change .net to .com) and I can make an update and indicate my change.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Softsqueeze

I know nothing about using Studio. I have slimserver running on a
remote machine which also has softsqueeze running. I then use
the web interface to control the remote machine and pipe music
to all the speakers in my house.

Would it even be possible to edit this to control softsqueeze on the
remote machine? If so how hard would it be. I have a little programming
experience.

Thanks,
ED
Old 01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

The problem I'm having is I can't seem to get Slimplayer to pull anything off of the Slimserver. I've got the Sirius plugin setup and my information entered, it's pulled all the channel info, etc so I know that part is working.....but from within the Slimplayer in Sage, I can't get it to do anything.

Suggestions?

EDIT: Turned OFF Security from within the SlimServer and it works fine.

Last edited by Khristopher; 01-15-2008 at 01:06 PM.