SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Purevideo color controls irrelevant since upgrade to 1.02-223

Hello,

Since upgrading to the latest Purevideo decoder the controls on the "color" tab make no changes in the video Sage plays (execpt "digital vibrance"!). The controls worked perfectly before the upgrade. Has anyone had this happen and know what the problem could be?

My system:
P4 2.53 GHz
GeForce 5700 LE 128mb
ForceWare 93.71 driver
PVR-150
PVR-250
Sage 6.0.19

Sage config:
Video Decoder - Default (Purevideo is the default using XP's decoder check)
Video Renderer - VMR9
Recording at max MPEG2 quality

When I play a video in Sage, the Purevideo icon appears in the system tray. right-click>about confirms v1.02-223 is being used. The current video bitrate is shown correctly in the 1st tab. All of the controls on the "color" tab can be moved but none make any change Sage's video, with the execption of "digital vibrance" which works fine.

To make things more strange, if I open the same video in WMP 10 the Purevideo icon appears with only brightness, hue, and digital vibrance changeable. The changes DO effect the video in WMP. If I then close WMP, then play a video in Sage, and go to the color tab I see the changes I made using WMP but they're not reflected in Sage's video! Also, Purevideo's properties show the "decoder format" as "Video mixing (DirectX9)" playing through Sage, but just "Video mixing" playing through WMP. Other options also differ depending on who plays the video, but shouldn't they be the same on the same video?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the decoder using the Purevideo retail download with no improvement.

I'm at my wits end, any help would be amazingly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Sage Icon

In the new nVIDIA Control Panel (VGA Drivers), there is a box in Video Setup that says something like "Apply To All Video Technologies"...for color adjustments, is that checked? 93.71 w/.223 here...unchecking that box allows me to adjust the decoders sliders.

P
Old 02-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just found that box and it was checked. I unchecked it then started a video in Sage. Next I tried the sliders and just like before all sliders will move but none of them affect the video.

Does checking that box stop you from moving some sliders when playing through Sage? If so, that's another symptom I've got.

Something else strange, adjusting the controls above that check box don't affect Sage's video either.

Thanks for the guess!

Last edited by FZ1; 02-01-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, just fixed it.

Had to uninstall Purevideo, uninstall the ForceWare driver, manually delete the c:\NVIDIA directory, reinstall the ForceWare driver, then reinstall Purevideo. Then things were good as new. I was originally hesitant to uninstall the video driver since I use the system through my TV only, and have no spare monitors around to reinstall should the S-Video output have stopped working (it was fine).

Bottom line, something must have gone haywire with the video driver.

Oh well, maybe someone else will find this thread if it happens to them.

BTW Polypro, have you noticed in the .223 decoder's release notes, under "What's New", they say they've removed the "Smart De-interlacing Mode"? I've still got it as an option. Do you? Or, have I still got a gremlin hiding in my setup?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I saw that to and Smart still appears with .223 for me. I read an article that about this, been looking for the link, they said Automatic is the way to go now but I have been using Smart.

I found out the same as you, after unstalling the driver you should delete the nvidia directory as well before re-installing/installing a new one.

No matter how many it times I check or uncheck the "use for all video technologies" in the forceware, it is always checked when I open the control panel, weird.

Last edited by camus; 02-02-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Camus, I guess I'm as good as everyone else is with .223.

I've noticed the same thing with the "use for all video technologies" checkbox in thier new Control Panel. I think the Control Panel's still got some bugs, too bad it's now the "recommeded" interface and the only way to adjust Noise Reduction and Edge Enhancement (neither of which seem to affect Sage's video though).