SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage User

ir transmitter/blaster from PVR 150

Hi,

i thought i could give it a try to connect my STB to the PVR. Unfortunately i couldnt get the IR part to work. Here is what i did:

- connect the ir transmitteer and blaster cable to the card.
- in the client : Setup -> setup video sources -> add new source -> video1 -> S-Video -> SetTop Box -> Infrared Blaster -> Port 1 -> add new device -> "some name"

and now on the screen is displayed instantly:
(from german translated, so it could not match it exactly)
>>"Please release the button from the remote"
>>"Press Enter to continue"
i didnt press any button on the remote. When i press then "Enter". There is a flickering and i can see there was some instruction on a screen but instantly the next screen appears:

"infrared signal couldnt be detected. Please relase the button "

i can continue with it endless.

The ivtv driver recognizes the card right and detects the IR transmitter and receiver. There is a device created /dev/i2c-0 . i softlinked that to /dev/i2c/0 . But isnt that only for the blaster part ? How does it work ?

Could somebody please help ?

Alexander
Old 01-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Are you using the latest version? If you are, could you try to set the text to english and try again to find out the exact messages.

Thanks

_Demo_
Old 01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Sage User

Hi,

yes im using the latest version.

so ther is one little problem with the english version. I cannot change any Placeshifter instance to English language (why not?), the setup screen dont even make the green button by "english" . i can choose italian or something else, but thenonl the next screens is in that language. But i could change the windows client to English. there is another problem . But here the way:

Setup Video Sources -->Add new source --> video 1 ..> s-video --> user external Cable Sattelite receiver to tune channel --> infrared blaster --> port1 -->
and now i see a lot of cable boxes but there isnt anymore the button "Add new device" . If i go that way with placeshifter there is the entry "add new device" . i dont understand that .

so i have to translate the next screens, but i have more information now.
In the screen agter i set a name for the device there is a screen which reads follows:
"please put the remote of your set top box in front of the ir blaster and press 0 till a message appears."

its nearly impossible to read that screen because its only shown for a millisecond time.

The next screen is then "Press Enter to learn the signal again" . if i hit Enter im on the screen before for a millisecond and see "Press Enter to learn the signal again" again. so i pressed it some hundred times to read text on the screen before. By the way it was quite interesting how the brain learns to focus on the hidden text.

I hope this info helps to solve my problem. Otherwise we have first to solve th e language issue.

Alexander
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Are you trying to setup IR input or output? IR input is controlled by lirc.

_Demo_
Old 01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Sage User

I think for setting up a set top box i need both of them.