SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Really dumb HD question probably ...

OK, I've got a HDHomeRun unit and have been enjoying HD video for a couple weeks

I'm still having a few issues with it, so what I want to do is record both the SD version of a show and the HD version. How do I set my favorites up to record both? For example, I want to record Smallville. I set the favorite up to record on a specific day (Thursday) and use any channel and record First Runs only.

When it goes to record the shows, it automatically records only the SD version, never the HD version. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Try setting up 2 favourites, one to record only on the SD channel, the other to only record the HD channel.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyar15
Try setting up 2 favourites, one to record only on the SD channel, the other to only record the HD channel.
Yeah, I could do that, but I was hoping for a simpler approach Having to create around 20 favorites again wouldn't be too bad, but seems a little silly IMO.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscapesg1
Yeah, I could do that, but I was hoping for a simpler approach Having to create around 20 favorites again wouldn't be too bad, but seems a little silly IMO.
Well to Sage and to most people recording two copies of the same show would seem a bit silly.

That said, I have done it too.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, crud Guess I need to set up my favorites for standard and HD.

The reason for me recording both is that I am having issues with the HD recordings. Some stuttering and no volume control via SageTV. I want to record both versions for further testing on the machine.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscapesg1
Well, crud Guess I need to set up my favorites for standard and HD.

The reason for me recording both is that I am having issues with the HD recordings. Some stuttering and no volume control via SageTV. I want to record both versions for further testing on the machine.
If it is only for testing purposes, why not just re-create a few of them. You shouldn't have to test all 20 of your favourites.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Sage User

I'm also trying to record both an HD and SD version of a show. In my case, the show "24". However, it is looking like setting up two favorites is not going to work.

I have one favorite set to record from only the HD channel, and another favorite to record only the SD channel.

However, according to the "View Recording Schedule" option, only the HD shows will be recorded. Now, maybe both will record tomorrow night, but according to the display, it does not look like they will.

Does anybody know that trick to force both favorites to record?

-Kevin
Old 01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoz
I'm also trying to record both an HD and SD version of a show. In my case, the show "24". However, it is looking like setting up two favorites is not going to work.

I have one favorite set to record from only the HD channel, and another favorite to record only the SD channel.

However, according to the "View Recording Schedule" option, only the HD shows will be recorded. Now, maybe both will record tomorrow night, but according to the display, it does not look like they will.

Does anybody know that trick to force both favorites to record?

-Kevin
Just thought I'd report back that setting up two favorites for the same show, one restricted to the HD channel and the other to the SD channel, does in fact work. The "View Recording Schedule" screen will only show that one of the show will be recorded, but both do get recorded.

-Kevin
Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoz
Just thought I'd report back that setting up two favorites for the same show, one restricted to the HD channel and the other to the SD channel, does in fact work. The "View Recording Schedule" screen will only show that one of the show will be recorded, but both do get recorded.

-Kevin
Same here. And since that veiw is probably by show title that makes sense. If there was a view by channel then it would probably show the 2 recordings.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Sage Expert

You should be able to see all upcoming recordings via the webserver. You can also see all recordings by tuner.

If you're not using the webserver, you're missing a lot!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Expert

not sure what i did different..may be just lucky..I installed the HDHR on Saturday..I still have my 150 and 500 PVR's...all my favorites that could use the HD channels automatically recorded the HD channels..all others stayed on SD. So, there is a setting somewhere....I know that you can set the priority of the tuners in the properties file...not sure how, but I guess you could set he HD tuners as higher priority so that they would chose them first.

Gary Ellis
Old 01-16-2007, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

version 6 has a setting to prefer hd over sd.

b