SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

AMD Live Home Cinema/Media Server

umm...what is this and how will it help me with my sage experience???

Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

same question!

not sure i need pdf docs from my mp3 collection
Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Sage Expert

I'm thinking the home cinema is the hd extender. That was my guess anyway.

(if right, do I win one?)

Edit -

Kinda looks like the AMD Green.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

read this link...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/08/a...-media-server/

did they say cablecard? so this is all based on Vista's home server?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wheres the Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
umm...what is this and how will it help me with my sage experience???

Thanks,
Juc
I read that whole press release and still dont have a clue what this means to me.
Just a crap load full of works that sort of describe some features or enhancements to what SageTv already does.
Why do I get the impression that Sage is purposely being very vague on this because its gona somehow require Vistsa and all its crap load of DRM and security limitations. I wish they would just come out with a plain english statement as too what this is all about and while there at it Please tell us more about the new HD exenenders on demo at CES.
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 01-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

It would be nice if SageTV could weigh in here and explain exactly what this means for SageTV. I was reading something on the AMD site that said the AMD media server could have a tuner in it, but didn't specifically say if it was a cablecard tuner. Being that AMD (ATI) is the only company currenly making cablecard tuners I'd assume there would be a good possibility that it could house a cablecard tuner...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I too have missed the meaning of the announcement.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
It would be nice if SageTV could weigh in here and explain exactly what this means for SageTV. I was reading something on the AMD site that said the AMD media server could have a tuner in it, but didn't specifically say if it was a cablecard tuner. Being that AMD (ATI) is the only company currenly making cablecard tuners I'd assume there would be a good possibility that it could house a cablecard tuner...
Here's some of the software that "comes" with the AMD Live server. This might give you an idea of what it can provide.

AMD Live software

Here's some of what it can do:

AMD LIVE! Compress — Compress the TV shows and movies you've recorded using Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition

AMD LIVE! Network Magic — Secure and do more with your home network.

AMD LIVE! On Demand powered by Orb — Access and control TV, music, photos, videos and more from virtually any web connected electronic gadget.

AMD LIVE! LogMeIn — Remotely access and control your system, access content from anywhere and move media or files between PCs.

AMD LIVE! Media Vault powered by Streamload — Back up your content to a secure online server with 25GB of free storage space.

AMD LIVE! Communicator powered by SightSpeed — Offers free video and voice communications over the internet, allowing families and friends to stay connected, even when they're miles apart.

AMD LIVE! Games powered by WildTangent — Delivers a broad list of online and downloadable games for a powerful and fun gaming experience.

AMD LIVE! KidRocket — Offers parents peace of mind and kids the ability to play games and explore the internet in a controlled and safe environment

What I'm hoping for is some type of integration of some of this actually into Sage and the Sage interface. I hoping the relationship turns out to be more than just marketing-speak.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

My reading of it is that it's a new line of AMD-powered home entertainment appliances running SageTV Server and SageTV Client. Essentially a pre-configured, plug-and-play SageTV solution competing head-to-head with Tivo.

I wasn't at CES, but there's another thread from people who've been there and seen products like this demonstrated.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

TTIUWP...and the other one linked above too....

(hehe-i always wanted to type that!
juc

Old 01-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Copied from the main AMD Live site:

Quote:
Introducing AMD LIVE!™ PCs — the first digital entertainment solution that puts virtually everything you need in one place.

With an AMD LIVE! PC, you can consolidate all of your photos, videos, music, movies and more, and then access them through your own PC or a range of digital devices — including mobile phones, MP3 players, Xbox 360 consoles and even TVs.

Connect all the screens in your life for the ultimate entertainment experience.
So assuming that the software can be downloaded and installed by end users, and Sage implemented into it all, this looks quite interesting.. I really like the sound of using my XBOX360 for a extender.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

AMD Live! is competing with Intel Viiv. It's just a brand like intel Centrino, which means if you buy anything with the logo on it, then you are getting a standard hardware configuration specified from either AMD or Intel. AMD Live! sounds like part of the "Live" branding that Microsoft has been pushing out with Vista though (live.com).

In ether case, this announcement means nothing unless the HD Extender complies with the AMD Live! specifications.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.