SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Text Entry problem

Tried to enter a show title in Manage Favorites using the on-screen keypad. Prior to ver 6, I used the remote to highlight a particular key and pressed OK till the proper letter appeared. Now, trying to do the same thing, all sorts of unwanted letter combinations appear. Any idea on how to change this behavior ?

Ken C
Old 12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

The NTE settings in Setup are probably where to make changes...but the new way is much faster. Just type the name using the numbers. I had an initial dislike too...til I got the hang of it. I added the new show "Dirt" last night in about 2 seconds...3-4-7-8...done.

P
Old 12-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
The NTE settings in Setup are probably where to make changes...but the new way is much faster. Just type the name using the numbers. I had an initial dislike too...til I got the hang of it. I added the new show "Dirt" last night in about 2 seconds...3-4-7-8...done.

P
What do you mean "NTE" ?

Ken C
Old 12-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Administrator

NTE = Numeric Text Entry, a method to enter text via the number pad.

What is the exact title of the menu you are on? (Shown at the top of the screen.)

Do you have the hidden extras turned on? If so, Polypro has probably covered what you are seeing -- on some search screens, you only need to enter each number a single time to have it search for any matches that use any of the letters that number stands for. Enter a 2nd number for the next letter, and so on. That's how he could enter "Dirt" by using the number sequence of 3-4-7-8. Below the text entry field, you will see a list of the first few text matches for the numbers entered so far. It is sort of like predictive text input, except that it is just matching only those words that exist in the list you are searching.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, the 'extras' are turned on. Hadn't read the update about the 'extras' and was unaware of the new features. I did find the switch in the upper right corner and all is better now. I know, I know, RTFM ...

Ken C