SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Force EPG update from command line

I remember reading a while back that Alon24 had a command line utility that would force an EPG update of sage. I've tried downloading his utilities but I keep getting an error with the zip file.

The reason I was interested is because I'm having a few problems with EPG downloading, nothing major, just niggles.

I download from the Radio Times via Alan Birtles EPG grabber, which works most of the time, but 3 or 4 times a week gets an error on a channel that bombs it out. I think its more of a radio times problem than the grabber as I can re-run it manually later in the day and it works fine.

Anyway, I've knocked up a kix script to run the EPG grabber and then check the log file to see if it was successful. If not, it will sleep for 10 minutes and try again. It will loop until its successful.

After that it runs StephaneM's XMLTV importer (donated version)

This all works perfectly, but at the end of the script I'd like to be able to force sage to update its EPG.

I know its no big deal as it will update eventually anyway, and I rarely have to go 14 days into the future to schedule a recording. I was just wondering if there was a utility anyone had that would do it. That way, I can just click on one batch file and the whole process is automated. It would be ideal for testing purposes as it would save me having to go to the web interface and force an update from there.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I need to check if the code works with v6.
this was an stvi that added support when the client (or server with ui) was working

My plan is to add it as a class that is run by the "run external class" like nielm's webserver

thats on the horizon,as I have just finsihed my moving and am starting to retake my intrest in sage.
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for your quick response. You must sit here all day staring at the forum like I do

I'll be monitoring my scripts for the next few days and may have a play over christmas if I get chance.

I'm an old mainframe cobol programmer and not used to windows based programming languages, so it could take me a while to get my head around things.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

I tried creating a shortcut to http://localhost:8080/sage/forceepgupdate and then calling that from a script so it runs minimised, then close it down, but I forgot it would ask for a user/password

Back to the drawing board...........
Old 12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
I tried creating a shortcut to http://localhost:8080/sage/forceepgupdate and then calling that from a script so it runs minimised, then close it down, but I forgot it would ask for a user/password

Back to the drawing board...........
Try
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen
internet explorer 7 just gives an error saying "windows cannot find..."

firefox pops up the message "you are about to log onto the site 'localhost' with the username 'xxxx'. Then an OK and cancel button.

If I press OK it works, I just need to get round that message....
Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

try a command line browser like lynx or a web page fetching tool like wget where you can specify the http user/pass on the command line...
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
try a command line browser like lynx or a web page fetching tool like wget where you can specify the http user/pass on the command line...
smartypants

thank you very much, it works perfectly
Old 12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
smartypants