SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Perhaps SageTV could offer unlimited upgrades at an option at an additional cost like MusicMatch.
Maybe they could have the purchase page default to unlimited upgrades, in a note at the bottom of the page, like Musicmatch used to, so certain daft people pay extra for that option by accident...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to bbroerman
Free upgrades

Well, since I've never been charged for an upgrade, I was under the impression that they DID (as in used to) offer free upgrades... until now...

I hope they know that this will fragment their user base over several different versions, causing their support costs to go up. They can't just tell their users to upgrade to the newest vesion... Which means that they'll eventuall have to support patches for the different versions as bugs are found, or customers will go elsewhere...
Old 12-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Sage Icon

Aren't there like 62 threads on this already? Who wants Sage to go Abandonware? Jeff, how many Ferarri's DO you own? Yahoo! has Meedio, who wants to see AOL get us (SageOL?). After paying $12.95 a month for the TiVo luxury of recording one program with EPG data, I'd give Sage 30 bucks a quarter.

P

Last edited by Polypro; 12-28-2006 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Aren't there like 62 threads on this already? Who wants Sage to go Abandonware? Jeff, how many Ferarri's DO you own? Yahoo! has Meedio, who wants to see Google get us (GageTV?). After paying $12.95 a month for the TiVo luxury of recording one program with EPG data, I'd give Sage 30 bucks a quarter.

P
+1 God forbid someone can actually earn a living writing software. I don't believe anyone complaining about the upgrade actually earns their living this way.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroerman
Well, since I've never been charged for an upgrade, I was under the impression that they DID (as in used to) offer free upgrades... until now...

I hope they know that this will fragment their user base over several different versions, causing their support costs to go up. They can't just tell their users to upgrade to the newest vesion... Which means that they'll eventuall have to support patches for the different versions as bugs are found, or customers will go elsewhere...
Are we arguing over $30? Let's face it, HTPC's are an expensive hobby, but Sage is a tiny amount of the cost of th systems, and unlike a tivo you don't get charged on a monthly basis...

thanks,
mike
Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Just so there is no confusion later on, the store's v6 upgrade page states that the current $29.99 upgrade price is temporary until January 15, 2007, when it goes back to the regular price of $39.99 again.

- Andy
So for people who bought V5 is it free to upgrade to V6?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123
So for people who bought V5 is it free to upgrade to V6?
I believe that's what they are trying to say...
Old 01-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I believe that's what they are trying to say...
Thanks. After reading 6 zillions entries on the subject, I got dizzy and lost the botton line if it was free or not.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where were we?......

I'd like to express my appreciation to the sage team for the way version 6 has been developed. As a user for the last 6 months in Australia where we use DVB-T and there has been a lot of issues that have had to be delt with, and they have always responded in a prompt and efficient manner.

I also own a twin-tuner PVR set-top box with a Hard Disk (topfield pvr-t 5000) which is considered the best SD box on the market here, and because of the network capabillity of Sage with MVP's, and the abillity to "serve" DVD's from HDD, the PVR is going to be relegated to emergency use!! It looks like the latest (6.19) is Sooooo close to working 100% with my 2 MVP's.

I've finally gone and bought the s/w and a MVP license! No more ghosting my computer every 15 days!

Thanks to all involved, keep up the good work!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to add my 2 cents... I haven't upgraded to 6 yet - waiting a few more days for any last minute kinks to get worked out....But, with the new non-TV video and audio features that have been added (and supported on MVP units) - I am looking forward to it.... Becoming difficult to wait... Thanks to the folks at SAGE for such a great product!

Anyone who complains about spending a measly 30 (or even 40) bucks to upgrade such a great product, really needs to evaluate whether they should be using a PC based PVR in the first place. Compared to the out-of-box options with their monthly fees, or the rental venue from the cable companies - SAGE is a STEAL! And, dang, the software cost of SAGE is NOTHING compared to the money most folks (including me) have spent on hardware alone!

SAGE would have to come up with some pretty high pricing expectations before I would consider moving to something else. And, I've got 2 pc's with MS Media Center already installed , but unused, on them..... (Including the one that is my "Sage Server"...)

THANKS SAGE!