SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Congratulations with v6!

I just want to congratulate the SageTV people for releasing v6.

Excellent job!

I'm currently using an older v6 beta, and couldn't be happier with it. I'll probably wait a few days until things shake down, but if the early betas are an indicator of the features and qualty, I'll definitely be upgrading very soon!

Can't wait to see what's in store for v7!!!

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

I second that... thanks to the development team for another great release! I plan to upgrade later this afternoon.

Thanks!!!!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Been using the beta for a while and I like it. Will upgrade to the release tonight. Thanks

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Sage User

Did I read this correctly.... Is there a $30 fee to upgrade to Version 6 now?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaudley
Did I read this correctly.... Is there a $30 fee to upgrade to Version 6 now?
Yep. It's been an ongoing thread now...for 22 pages!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20299

It's interesting the changes they made though.

It was originally only $30 to people until sometime in November, and only to version 5 users, and went up to $40 after that time in November.

Now it appears SageTV is allowing all upgrades to be $30, and including version 4 users in the upgrade path...very generous, if you ask me.

Or did I get that wrong?

Good job SageTV!
Old 12-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage User

hmmmm... Don't know if I want to shell out another $30 for a product that dosn't work "out of the box" with something as common as an SMK MCE IR Blaster (Anyone who has tried to set one of these up will attest to how much of a PITA it is)..... They have been adding nice 'soft' features over the last two versions but I would really like to see some things in the area of hardware improve. Standard codecs for instance for Audio/Video - like maybe inclusion of purevideo (I'm sure the OEM price would be decent.)

Dunno - for v2/v3 owners 30 seems like a steal I'm sure... I'm not convinced - give me something tangible.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yep. It's been an ongoing thread now...for 22 pages!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20299

It's interesting the changes they made though.

It was originally only $30 to people until sometime in November, and only to version 5 users, and went up to $40 after that time in November.

Now it appears SageTV is allowing all upgrades to be $30, and including version 4 users in the upgrade path...very generous, if you ask me.

Or did I get that wrong?

Good job SageTV!
Slight wrong
IF they upgraded during the "discounted period", it was $30 for all users who purchased V4 or earlier. V5 users had a free upgrade. Then after the discount went away it was $40 for the upgrade for V4 and earlier. V5 still had a free upgrade.

Now, they have rolled back the upgrade price to $30 for all users who purchased V4 or earlier. V5 users still have a free upgrade.

I would hate to have been one of those who missed the original $30 deal and had to jump in at $40, and now to find out that it dropped back down to $30.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Just so there is no confusion later on, the store's v6 upgrade page states that the current $29.99 upgrade price is temporary until January 15, 2007, when it goes back to the regular price of $39.99 again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Ah...another time limit...

Glad I got in on the day after the first upgrade...
Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Why is it that they make it so difficult to find the download links, if you already have purchased the software?

Am I missing something?

Oh, there it is, right in Opus' signature...
Old 12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Was it just me, or did it take forever to install .18?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Why is it that they make it so difficult to find the download links, if you already have purchased the software?
On the main web site, the download page is found fairly easily by following any link to get to the trial, since hte trial & the normal download are the same thing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Am I missing something?
You're not the only one. I always forget you have to click on the free trial to find it. It took me awhile before I ran across it as well.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Congratulations to the SageTV team on another awesome release!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

What do the kids say these days? Hold on, let me look it up....

Ok, there it is,

W00T! (whatever that means)

Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaudley
hmmmm... Don't know if I want to shell out another $30 for a product that dosn't work "out of the box" with something as common as an SMK MCE IR Blaster (Anyone who has tried to set one of these up will attest to how much of a PITA it is).....
What exactly is an SMK MCE IR Blaster? Are you referring to the MCE remote/reciever combo? If so, that is completely out of Sage's hands. It's Microsoft designed hardware - and as such it will only work 'out of the box' with Microsoft MCE. Anything else (regardless of it being Sage, or BTV, etc.) is merely a 'hack'.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 12-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to bbroerman
Whatever happened to free upgrades?

I've been using Sage TV for quite some time, and I do recall upgrades being free... now, am I hearing correctly that just because I chose not to upgrade to 5, I now have to pay to get 6?!?! Not so sure I like that...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroerman
I've been using Sage TV for quite some time, and I do recall upgrades being free... now, am I hearing correctly that just because I chose not to upgrade to 5, I now have to pay to get 6?!?! Not so sure I like that...
Has nothing to do if you did a free upgrade to V5 or not. It is if you purchased Sage when it was V4 or earlier, then it is a paid upgrade to V6. If you originally purchased Sage when it was V5, then V6 is a free upgrade.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Has nothing to do if you did a free upgrade to V5 or not.
I'd just like to point out that you can still upgrade to v5 for free. Not that it has anything to do with v6, but it's not like you're stuck at v2, 3, or 4 because you didn't upgrade before v6 came out.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage Icon

Many of the software packages I purchased have unlmited upgrades, included with the orginal purchase price.

Perhaps SageTV could offer unlimited upgrades at an option at an additional cost like MusicMatch.

Dave